#16 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,507 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 01:57 PM

Cvans. There's always more to the story than meets the eye.

Having been a service manager at one time I would agree. I would also "guess" that the dealer was in contact with New Holland during most if not all of this fiasco and it turned into one big finger pointing war. Meanwhile the customer is left holding a bag of poop. Not good. 

#17 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 04:32 PM

Having been a service manager at one time I would agree. I would also "guess" that the dealer was in contact with New Holland during most if not all of this fiasco and it turned into one big finger pointing war. Meanwhile the customer is left holding a bag of poop. Not good. 

Absolutely CVANs.  Well today finally made my decision. I loved the Boomer 24 but the Mahindra is just superior. The Boomer had the pedals I wanted and the comfortable joystick. The one thing that overthrew that was the Plastic hood and side panels on the Boomer. The ones on here that own a front loaders know the hoods can take a beating. One good whack on the plastic hood it will be destroyed. One good whack on the metal hood atleast it can be bent back out.  Overall performance, quality and warranty go to Mahindra. I tried proving myself wrong in a 100 ways but I keep coming back to the 26xl. Come the middle of April.... I will own a Mahindra 26xl.

Edited by SearsYellow, March 22, 2016 - 04:34 PM.

• limebuzz, MH81, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 09:47 AM

Absolutely CVANs.  Well today finally made my decision. I loved the Boomer 24 but the Mahindra is just superior. The Boomer had the pedals I wanted and the comfortable joystick. The one thing that overthrew that was the Plastic hood and side panels on the Boomer. The ones on here that own a front loaders know the hoods can take a beating. One good whack on the plastic hood it will be destroyed. One good whack on the metal hood atleast it can be bent back out.  Overall performance, quality and warranty go to Mahindra. I tried proving myself wrong in a 100 ways but I keep coming back to the 26xl. Come the middle of April.... I will own a Mahindra 26xl.

Of course it goes without saying, we will want pictures.

• Cvans said thank you

#19 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,507 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 10:48 AM

Of course it goes without saying, we will want pictures.

:ditto:  :yeah_that:  :wewantpics:

• David Brown said thank you

#20 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 06:55 AM

I will most definitely. It looks like I will be getting the backhoe attachment and a set of quick attach pallet forks.

#21 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,417 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 07:28 AM

LS is not the same as NH , most cases they have the better version, I know all their hoods are metal! And I would get the standard trans with hydraulic shuttle WAY WAY better than a hydro!!! Especially pulling a box blade or plow. I like controlling the engine with a foot throttle, not easy to do with a hydro, you set the throttle and go, pain changing ranges too, the standard can be shifted on the fly, not that most yard rigs need this, but in the field it's sure nice;-)
  • Cvans said thank you

#22 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,507 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 10:23 AM

Maybe I'm the odd man out but I have a Yanmar 1610D here to sell for a friend and I'm not that fond of it. It has power shift with a loader and foot throttle. When doing field work I could see where the power shift would be a big plus. With a loader not so much so. Feels like a lot more work with the loader. With the foot hydro just set the throttle and forget it. Just rock my foot back and forth and go. No shifting anything. The range changer is right next to my seat and very seldom gets used. 

Just my opinion but it's free.  :D

• MH81 said thank you

#23 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 04:57 PM

LS is not the same as NH , most cases they have the better version, I know all their hoods are metal! And I would get the standard trans with hydraulic shuttle WAY WAY better than a hydro!!! Especially pulling a box blade or plow. I like controlling the engine with a foot throttle, not easy to do with a hydro, you set the throttle and go, pain changing ranges too, the standard can be shifted on the fly, not that most yard rigs need this, but in the field it's sure nice;-)

The Boomer 24 is made by LS. It even says it on the ID badge on the tractor.

#24 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,417 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 06:38 PM

Correct, but it is not the same as the comparable LS, the LS has a metal hood and may actually have a different engine or transmission options.

#25 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 07:48 PM

Well guys I pulled the trigger today. I am the owner of a 2015 Boomer 24. It has the backhoe attachment, FEL, Box Blade and PhD (3 point post hole digger). Probably the only PhD I'll ever own.. I should take delivery tomorrow or Friday. Im chomping at the bits to play with the backhoe attachment.

#26 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 07:48 PM

uploadfromtaptalk1459990119895.jpg
  • coldone and propane1 have said thanks

#27 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 08:16 PM

What happened to the Mahindra? Why the change to new holland?

Noel

#28 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 08:21 PM

Just the layout of the tractor. As you notice it has 2 separate pedals for forward/reverse instead of a rocker pedal. The joy stick for the FEL is out of the way to easily access both sides. Plus New Holland gave me a better deal today than Mahindra was. For basically the same tractor Mahindra wanted 70 more dollars a month. Even though I did lose my quick attach bucket. I'm a little sad about thay.

Edited by SearsYellow, April 06, 2016 - 08:22 PM.

• propane1 said thank you

#29 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 01:31 AM

Seventy dollars a month is a lot money. I'm sure you'll enjoy the New Holland.

Noel

#30 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,417 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 04:09 AM

Good luck with your new toy, and make sure that you install a clutch on the pto for the post hole digger or something is gonna break!! The hydro Tractors don't have a foot clutch to feather the pto....not good for PHD,s .With a back hoe you can just Digg a hole , especially in the bad places, that should save the PhD and or your pto if ya snag something ..
Fella I worked with( he has since retired, lucky dog) has that exact Tractor, minus the hoe, and has broken his twice on engagement with a brush hog on the back. Upon the second failure he promptly told them to take it back and give him the standard shift with hydraulic shuttle, they agreed, ( he only had 7 hours on it) and he has not had an issue since. He mows a 17 acre field with it among other things.
  • limebuzz and propane1 have said thanks