#16 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 11:22 PM

Not a bad looking machine.I only wish they would stop adding more Plastic parts to them every year and the steel parts seem to get thinner and thinner.
I'm also not a big fan of the spindles on the decks.You can't replace the bearings and if you could the bolts always snap off in the aluminum spindles.If I buy a new one I think I will take the spindle bolts out and slop a big glob of anti-seize on them.

#17 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 11:40 PM

enjoy and have fun using it.

#18 tankdriver OFFLINE  

tankdriver

• Member No: 3674
  • 2 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 03:22 PM

Not a bad looking machine.I only wish they would stop adding more Plastic parts to them every year and the steel parts seem to get thinner and thinner.
I'm also not a big fan of the spindles on the decks.You can't replace the bearings and if you could the bolts always snap off in the aluminum spindles.If I buy a new one I think I will take the spindle bolts out and slop a big glob of anti-seize on them.

You can rebuild the spindle, the bearing are about 12 bucks each at any Industrail Bearning house. If the bolts break, drill them out, and put nuts on the back side.
  • EricFromPa said thank you

#19 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 12:54 AM

They're not using those spindles that had the sealed bearings with no grease zerks any more?

That's cool.
I hate spending $70 for a spindle when bearings are $9.95 each.I've had to buy quite a few sets of spindles with all of the roots and rocks that happen to pop out of nowhere.

I think I would take the factory bolts out of them and drill the threads out and use new bolts and lock nuts.Just for piece of mind :)

Does it steer sharper than the older craftsman GTs?

#20 1975SS16 OFFLINE  

1975SS16

• Member No: 5070
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 09:56 PM

nice ride