2 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 07:21 AM

Several years ago a farmer South of town had a 42' X 48' pole building put up.  Due to very poor construction a wind took it down.  I got the building for salvage and put up and 32' X 36' machine shed with 10' walls.  Have 3 sliding doors across the front.  Spotted a CL ad for a 12' X 12' overhead door with hardware for 2 doors.  Each door panel is 2' wide.  My openings are just under 12'.  Going to pick up the overhead with track, springs, brackets, etc. Sunday.  Will put this in the center opening and remove the end door.  With this change will only have to move one sliding door to have 2 bays open.  One windy days I can have any of the 3 bays open without having a door stick out past the end of the building.  Real hard to hold that track sticking out 12' past the end of a building with a door hanging on it.  Have a heavy post the track is anchored to but weather takes it toll where 2 pieces of wood joint exposed to the weather all the time.

Edited by chieffan, March 19, 2016 - 07:23 AM.

• Gtractor, KennyP, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted March 20, 2016 - 06:21 AM

Sounds like a nice upgrade for the building!

#3 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted March 20, 2016 - 07:56 AM

Sounds like a good project improvising on what you have. You know we all like pics...looking forward to your progress