• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 125 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 12:16 PM

I have a 1632 that is missing the master cylinders. Does anyone know where to get new ones. ..i was told that they might be Ford Falcon. Thanks.

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 12:30 PM

This might help?http://www.speedex.c...013/01/1692.pdf

#3 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 12:31 PM

And if what you say about the Falcon is true..this might help..http://www.fordfalco...powerbrakes.htm

#4 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 12:33 PM

http://www.autoparts...html?redirect=1

• speedbird said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 05:16 PM

I've wondered about those hydraulic brakes and wondered why they spent that money and offered those.  There is a guy named Rice in Ohio and uses other business names that claims to have parts, bet I have never been able to get him to answer any emails or such of any of his sites. Claims to have left-over parts from the actual business and the name Speedex is supposed to be his now.  Anyway, I have not had to mess with them.  I would like to see some pix of this rig, not seen before by me.   And show some shots of the pedal/pump set-up.  Wonder what brakes they used on the axles then?  How big are those?  Look like car brakes then?  Also, is this a hydro or the T-92?  With two in model, is that a 2 step rear end then? 

Don't you just love the "Mystery" of the Speedex line of tractors? 

• Auburn David said thank you

#6 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 05:31 PM

I've wondered about those hydraulic brakes and wondered why they spent that money and offered those.  There is a guy named Rice in Ohio and uses other business names that claims to have parts, bet I have never been able to get him to answer any emails or such of any of his sites. Claims to have left-over parts from the actual business and the name Speedex is supposed to be his now.  Anyway, I have not had to mess with them.  I would like to see some pix of this rig, not seen before by me.   And show some shots of the pedal/pump set-up.  Wonder what brakes they used on the axles then?  How big are those?  Look like car brakes then?  Also, is this a hydro or the T-92?  With two in model, is that a 2 step rear end then? 

pp4.jpg

• KennyP and speedbird have said thanks

#7 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 05:32 PM

pp2.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#8 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 05:39 PM

Looks a lot like this one http://www.ebay.com/...TvaIt6g&vxp=mtr

#9 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 05:42 PM

Another parts manual..a little bigger. http://www.speedex.c...013/01/1692.pdf

#10 MiCarl OFFLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 825 Thanks
  • 472 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 06:45 PM

Also, is this a hydro or the T-92?  With two in model, is that a 2 step rear end then? 

As near as I've been able to figure a 1632 is a 1631 with a dual pinion bull gear and standard hydraulic 3-pt.  Hydraulic differential braking was apparently an option on the 1632.

I had thought the differential brakes were standard on the 1632 but recently ran into one that apparently never had them.

Edited by MiCarl, March 18, 2016 - 06:50 PM.

#11 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 07:29 PM

As near as I've been able to figure a 1632 is a 1631 with a dual pinion bull gear and standard hydraulic 3-pt.  Hydraulic differential braking was apparently an option on the 1632.

I had thought the differential brakes were standard on the 1632 but recently ran into one that apparently never had them.

They call them steering brakes..and it should have 2 master cyls from what I have found.

#12 MiCarl OFFLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 825 Thanks
  • 472 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 08:54 PM

They call them steering brakes..and it should have 2 master cyls from what I have found.

Ok.

I agree on the 2 master cylinders.  Here is a picture from a google search that shows what I think they are:

Speedex1632-2.jpg

It sure looks like the one you linked could be made to work as a replacement.

HERE is a thread from a few years ago about 1632 brakes.  Some photos there too, especially a good one of a brake drum.

Edited by MiCarl, March 18, 2016 - 08:55 PM.

#13 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 125 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 06:53 PM

I've met Chris Rice who is the present owner of the Speedex company which is located in Bolivar OH and he brought some parts to the Knox show in North Georgetown OH for me That was a couple of years ago.. He has a fellow by the name of Tim Astine from Salem OH who is supposed to be distributor of Speedex parts but that seems to be a dead end. He doesn't answer my phone calls or Emails. I talked to him at a meeting and he was to get back to me about the availability of specific parts but I've never heard from him since. Makes you wonder what is going on.

#14 H16VANGUARD OFFLINE  

H16VANGUARD
  • Member No: 70281
  • 6 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted March 20, 2016 - 08:10 AM

They are "Girling" brand master cylinders. Mainly used on race cars they were adapted by Speedex & used on other applications. Still very available - sent you a message for same.

• KennyP and Auburn David have said thanks

#15 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 20, 2016 - 07:18 PM

Vanguard, bet you are "Speedex" guy with that name?  Let us get to know you and see pix of your tractors?  I see you are new to site.  Have parts and knowledge to share on Speedex?