• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RBhistoricalsalvage OFFLINE  

RBhistoricalsalvage
  • Member No: 78707
  • 7 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 10:46 AM

there is one for sale a few towns from, but i don't know what they are worth.  not really a tractor person, but i logged in her last year to try to help someone with a tractor.  been ready things a little and thinking of getting one, to start the hobby.

Can i ask what the 918, mower, tiller and snowblower should be worth?

sorry for the questions, this is just not my area.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,531 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 01:39 PM

Welcome back to GTT. We are here to help answer questions. The value of an old GT is variable. Condition, location, rarity, and usefullness are some of the factors. I assume(that is dangerous) that you are talking about an Allis Chalmers 918. The ac tractors were generally very good tractors. Condition would be the big factor now. Does it run? Post some pics so that we can see what you are considering. Good Luck, Rick

#3 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 290 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 07:01 PM

Tiller $150-$350 depending on condition and completeness.

Blower $75 to $300 depending on condition and completeness.

Rear lift hitch (cable type) $85-$125

Tractor -  Hard to value without a picture or more info.

#4 RBhistoricalsalvage OFFLINE  

RBhistoricalsalvage
  • Member No: 78707
  • 7 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 08:21 PM

i will see if i can get some pictures.  it is an agco Allis 918 has hydro lift.  he had a craigslist post.  I posted it on another forum, i think i made the guy mad by doing it.  i will get the link

#5 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 290 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 10:21 PM

I remember the post. That is a mid- 90's Sovereign style tractor with the Kohler Command engine and manual steering. The tractor is on the rough side cosmetically. New decals and a buffing job would probably go a long way. The paint does not match on the fender deck. The seat is also shot. I'm thinking on the high side its worth $750 to $1100 (with the deck only) if it all runs out good and the mechanics of it check out. Yes there are times people get a good buy and get them a lot cheaper. It would probably be worth more if it had power steering and was cleaned up better. Hopefully Josh will chime in as he may have a better idea of the value. These tractors are much more plentiful in IL, IA, WI, MI so it may be more rare and worth more in the Dakota's.