Had a good day

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nxt2doc OFFLINE  

• Member No: 66603
  • 622 Thanks
  • 330 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 10:06 PM

The sun was out and I wasn't tied up doing ninety-seven other things so I spent the day for me.

Started the day out with the Wheel Horse 1267. Pulled the carb again and cleaned the little amber colored globs out again. Put on a filter and new fuel line. Hoping this cures what ails her. The tank and carb where clean and dry when I got it. Haven't figured it out yet.

It ran fine so I hooked up the lawn cart and, with the help of my daughter and her visiting friend, hauled off four loads of limbs that Mother nature spent all winter dumping in the yard.

With that done and some lunch in my tummy I went out and drug (Literally) out the John Deere 110 I got myself for Christmas. The tranny is locked up. PO says that his kids where playing on it while it sat and when they where done it was locked up. Once I got it off and pulled the shifter I found that it was in the 1st, reverse slide. So I put it back in the 3rd, 4th slide and things kind of sorted themselves out. It's no longer locked up and shifts smoothly to all gears.

Going back together I crossed threaded a bolt and had to borrow a tap to chase the threads. While I waited for my buddy to get home so I could go get it, Isabella came home from school. Pulled her Pink Peg Perego tractor out of the garage and hooked up the charged battery and off she went. I couldn't resist it so I climbed on the Wheel Horse and off I went too. She laughed and squealed as we chased each other around the yard. Gotta make those memories when you can.

Well I got the tap and things went back together pretty smooth. Going to put a battery and gas in it tomorrow and hope for the best.

• Gtractor, limebuzz, grnspot110 and 12 others have said thanks

#2 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,701 Thanks
  • 2,161 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 04:01 AM

Good for you, sometimes you just need to take a day and do nothing. most times you wind up more tired doing nothing than when you go to work for 10 hours .

• KennyP, boyscout862, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#3 propane1 ONLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,875 Thanks
  • 3,111 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 08:44 AM

Sounds like a great day. We all should have more of them.