• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 01:22 PM

just so y'all know, I traded another tractor for this one....

• wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 01:23 PM

Nice. You will be happy with this deal.

#18 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 04:48 PM

Nice. You will be happy with this deal.

the wife's not happy though.... I told her that 2 machines are disappearing this week,  and 1 is going to appear in their place. She said "why can't they both disappear and both stay gone?"   though, when the machine that I am now trading away for this NH came home, she didn't complain then.... and when the 2nd machine that will be going away came, she didnt complain either, but being that I picked up that machine for someone else (Texas Deere and Horse) and knew that it wouldn't be here all that long, she didn't complain about that one, either. But to see 2 go away and only one come back, and she don't like that? Go figure....

I have 3 more stored in a friend's barn about 30 miles the other way... one of those will be coming home soon and may be going away once I fix the issue with it, she won't be happy then either because that happens to be her favorite...

• Texas Deere and Horse, wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#19 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 09:14 PM

well, I have this machine at my house now, still on trailer in front of garage, got partly disassembled engine for it safely in the garage out of the weather... currently reviewing all the old posts about this unit further down the page. and coinman now has a Cub cadet 1250 that I picked up last fall/  one tractor that needs work, swapped for another tractor needing work....

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#20 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 09:24 PM

was a windy ride down, IDK MPH of wind speed, but drove south directly into a strong enough headwind all the way down, flags were standing straight out, not even hardly whipping....

was thinking  my Dakota  would turn over on my way home, was watching the odo most of the way, but not quite... waiting/watching for it to hit 200,000/ made it home and didn't quite make it to that yet/ got home and it's at 199,991...not a John Deere version,but it does have a 318 in it...

Edited by dodge trucker, March 23, 2016 - 05:56 AM.

• wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#21 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 07:56 PM

got the M12 sitting on a bucket right next to the old engine, in the process of trying to pull the PTO clutch off the crank of the K321 to put onto the M12.... same dimensions on the PTO of the crank, got lucky there.

IDK if the M12 will be the permanent engine on that frame, don't really want to use that engine for this mower because i have so much $$$ tied up into the rebuild.... (all NOS, genuine OEM Kohler parts) but I built it as a ready spare for a mower that doesn't show signs that its engine will ever quit, so it is collecting dust anyway, is a direct bolt in swap and has been sitting a few years without even having had oil put into it since I rebuilt it, freshly bored, crank cut w/ a new rod to match.    so may as well blow the cobwebs out of it I guess. other reservation about it is that it is only 12hp replacing the original 14hp w/a 48" deck.

I plan to rebuild the original 14 eventually, I know it will need bored, at a minimum.  may or may not reinstall the original motor at that point.

This tractor PTO is 1-1/8" dia.  On my GT19 it is 1-1/4.  Was there an up to/after for this change, either build date wise or engine HP wise?  wondering because having 2 of these machines, never know when I may have to rob parts from one for the other.....

just gotta get a different ign switch and slightly modify the wiring because the replacement engine is not a battery ignition engine.

and extend the voltage reg wiring to reach the engine from under the battery box (this one has electronic regulator mounted on shroud)