#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,584 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 12:07 PM

It's spring here at " Goofy Acres" in N. Michigan. With that brings mud to the font and side drives. Every year we have this issue and it is to be expected. This year we have had a lot of rain and it has taken most of the frost out of the drives and left a mud rut where we drive to put the truck in the back garage. I don't mind the mud so much but I hate ruts in my yard. Just takes more time to get the grass right and ready for summer. At least the winter has gone ( for now anyway) and it's time to get out and get some exercise. York rake is ready for The Sears Custom 10 XL and the rear blade is ready for the Homelite and when we get the gravel dropped in the front drive all three tractors will along with the neighbors Kubota have blades to spread and pack it. Have a good week and enjoy the spring if it has arrived at your home.                                                                                                                                         Roger.

• KennyP, MFDAC, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,165 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 12:16 PM

Same thing most places.  Sounds like you need some BIG rock in your drive, like 3" stuff.  That is what I put in mine 15 years ago when it was built and then put 3/4" road rock on top and haven't added any since.  Got to get a base down to hold it.  But then you would 't get all that seat time.  Have fun grading.

• hamman said thank you

#3 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 12:37 PM

Pave the ruts under!  

• hamman and propane1 have said thanks

#4 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 01:16 PM

Thought you were snowed in a week or two ago, Roger. That's great that sping is coming. It is good here too, snow is almost gone, but alittle snow coming tomorrow.

Noel

Edited by propane1, March 17, 2016 - 01:17 PM.

• hamman said thank you

#5 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 01:21 PM

This was one year ago yesterday.

Noel

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by propane1, March 17, 2016 - 01:21 PM.

• hamman and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#6 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,584 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 01:35 PM

Thought you were snowed in a week or two ago, Roger. That's great that sping is coming. It is good here too, snow is almost gone, but alittle snow coming tomorrow.

Noel

Ya two weeks ago we were plowing about 10" of the white stuff. It has been above average here for temps for the last two weeks and all but the piles of snow where it was blown and plowed have gone. Looking out the window now and the sun is shining and it's 47* out. Wind from the east makes it feel colder though.

I would like to pave the front drive but that's not in the budget. The side drive for the big garage is partly grass and gravel. I like to mow the grass and make it look good so I can't bring myself to gravel that drive, besides the wife would not be a happy camper if I did that.  Thanks                                          Roger

• propane1 said thank you

#7 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 03:02 PM

Plow the ruts for a garden

• hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#8 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 03:51 PM

It has been snowing a bit here this afternoon. None of is sticking around yet though. As for mud, we are currently building a new house in a subdivision in Collingwood Ontario. When we got to the site this morning, there were a pair of ducks playing in the backyard. This afternoon the site super tried to walk over to our house from the road, stepped in the wrong spot and went in up to his knees.

Jim

• hamman and propane1 have said thanks

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,470 Thanks
  • 39,704 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 06:37 PM

It has been snowing a bit here this afternoon. None of is sticking around yet though. As for mud, we are currently building a new house in a subdivision in Collingwood Ontario. When we got to the site this morning, there were a pair of ducks playing in the backyard. This afternoon the site super tried to walk over to our house from the road, stepped in the wrong spot and went in up to his knees.

Jim

Are you sure that wasn't a swamp?

• hamman said thank you

#10 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:16 PM

We are building on engineered fill, so yes it used to be a swamp. We have another one we are working on (huge custom build) that has a foot and a half of water in the basement right now. Also on engineered fill, backing onto enviromentally protected land (AKA swamp).

Jim

Edited by CanadianHobbyFarmer, March 17, 2016 - 07:20 PM.

• hamman and KennyP have said thanks