#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Fellow worker asked me about Bison info. I told him it was a Satoh Bison probly. He said Korean or Jap, so guess that is good guess?  Anyway, told him about this site and couple owner's of brand here.  Where is best place to go for info and parts?  Were these also another brand?  Engine diff brand?   Also mentioned a site that deals with these type tractors and grey market stuff. Have seen those links in past, not saved. Anyone have those links?  I will google and see what comes up too.

#2 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 08:31 PM

yes the only Bison I know of is Satoh. They are Japanese and as I recall the diesel engines were Mitsibishi. There was a gas powered model Elk that was gas powered and used a Masda engine.

Satoh was bought out and made as Mitsibishi.

Member David Brown has a Satoh Beaver and can probably be more help.

• Alc said thank you

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 09:14 PM

The Satoh Bison has a 27hp Mazda gas engine.  I have a spec sheet here.  What is it you would like to know.  I've always said these tractors were the perfect size for just about anything.  Incidentally, the Elk uses the same exact engine but it's governed down to 19.5hp.  Also a very nice tractor but not nearly as popular as the Bison.  The Bison is what the S650G became.

Edited by David Brown, March 16, 2016 - 09:14 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:09 AM

Not sure just what they are wanting to know.  I went to see him at work tonight and he is on vacation for next week and moved to diff area, so would have to look him up later.  I did a search and found there are many sites for them and parts available. Found S650G was probly the model then. I gave this site info, but maybe they won't come and look or sign up, not sure.