Garden Tractor Forums banner

Anybody know Holley carburetors ?

646 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  propane1 
#1 ·
I am wondering if there is an adjustment for the little arm between the primary and secondary plates. I believe it keeps the secondaries from opening to soon when opening the primaries. The secondaries are not suppose to start opening until the primary plates are opened to about 40 degrees. This is a vacuum operated secondaries. Thanks for any ideas.

Noel

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Douglasduek
#6 ·
In one word--no-- no adjustment is required or recommended on the rod , although many hot-rodder's do try and tweek them thinking they may find some magical horse power-but its not going to happen--As previous posters said its there to hold the secondary closed and

to prevent it from overriding the primary plates in the case of high vacuum at part throttle opening-- kind of a safety thing .

Yours does look like it has been modified thou.

Its all controlled by vacuum and spring tension

#7 ·
Great, thanks for the information. It is holding the secondaries closed while the primaries are closed. Yes, someone welded the little rod together. That's why I was wondering about adjustment.

Noel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.