• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 20, 2010 - 12:19 AM

You know I think this is a great sport.........until the garden tractors do not even look like garden tractors, but rather like funny cars. I don't know why you call it garden tractor pulling, when the thing you bring out there is about a much of a garden tractor as it is a vacuum cleaner.
Oklahoma Garden Tractor Pulling Association - "Allen's Photography -- Curtis Allen"

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 04:44 AM

Your right,they are starting to look less like tractors all the time.

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 10:25 PM

I like the "original" style pullers too.

#4 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 21, 2010 - 12:45 AM

I guesss it's just a prefeence, and I don't mean to offend, i just don't see how they have anything to do with gardens or tractors. Love the plowing, and the pulling with real tractors, but after that it's a freak show to me

#5 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 06:20 AM

I used to pull antique tractors started back in the late 70's.It was lots of fun for awhile with basically stock tractors with some modifcations in the engines.By the time I quit pulling in 2001 if you didn't have a built engine you were going to finish in the lower 50% of the class I kept up pretty well (59 1st place finishes in 2001) but decided I'd had enough. Throwing 5 to 15 thousand lbs of weights around every weekend got to an old man(LOL)

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 06:35 AM

I wouldn't mind getting in to it. I only want to do something like the antique or stock class just for fun. I wouldn't be able to afford to keep up with a lot of those guys with the modified engines. I must say though it is impressive what kind of power they can get out of a single cylinder along with the rpms they are spinning.

#7 Josh Smith OFFLINE  

Josh Smith

• Member No: 769
  • 7 Thanks
  • 62 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 09:54 PM

I like them for the most part except for those where they are home built chassis and bodies and have no tractor look to them what so ever. Now as for them stretching the frames a little isnt to bad but when they are stretched way out they look goofy. I love gt pulling and stuff but I am one of those who appreciates the Garden tractor look and wants to make the tractor look almost like it wouldve came that way the body at least. Now I agree with lowering the front end and the center of ballance and alot of the things that pullers do in builds but dont like the non tractor looking pullers. Thats just my oppinion thanks Josh

#8 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 29, 2010 - 11:37 PM

...I just don't see how they have anything to do with gardens or tractors. Love the plowing, and the pulling with real tractors, but after that it's a freak show to me

That's the way it always goes. I'm afraid it's the Tim Allen Syndrome. Take a perfectly good machine & modify it beyond recognition, then abuse the p*** out of it. It's one of the reasons I don't pull my Massey Harris much anymore. If you want to keep up, it has to be more job than hobby.

Then again, try to get a crowd like that out for a "stock" class. Toys that sling dirt & mud & make an obscene amount of noise will always draw a crowd.

#9 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 04:42 PM

lol yeah you def. have a point there! What guy doesnt like loud ear stingin machines when there rippin downa track or course. haha Doesnt matter what sport it is really ,

#10 DanO ONLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 06:22 PM

You know I think this is a great sport.........until the garden tractors do not even look like garden tractors, but rather like funny cars. I don't know why you call it garden tractor pulling, when the thing you bring out there is about a much of a garden tractor as it is a vacuum cleaner.
Oklahoma Garden Tractor Pulling Association - "Allen's Photography -- Curtis Allen"

I have to Agree with You 100% .....( except for use of the word Sport) I Feel the Same way about NASCAR...I use to Love REAL STOCK CAR RACING, which NASCAR originally was but I don't see how a One Piece Plastic Shell Covered with Advertisements Qualifies as a STOCK CAR or any other type of Car...The Garden Tractor Pulling has Gone Down the Same Road....I have nothing against either sport, (Although I don't realy believe they are Sports) If that's Your thing, go for it & Enjoy it but call it what it is, Modified, Custom Built Whatever!!!!!!!!

#11 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 07:02 PM

NASCAR now is nothing more than one big IROC race. Go Back to "Race it one sunday, buy it on monday" Cars.