Update on this project..
The hood is slowly moving towards mounting on the tractor.
But duty comes first. The 800 has plowing to do. When I was out plowing all of the shaking and the beating took its toll on the new Gas Tank setup.
The Tank straps I made did not hold up and I saw one had broken. That put an end to plowing and back to the shop area for a new set of straps. Any time restomoding happens there are always these little debugging issues.
I found some good heavy strap material and spent the afternoon making some better straps.
Putting it back together last night I kept running into minor fit problems that the dark and the cold air was keeping me from finishing.
This evening I need to move the strap bolt on the front so it does not interfere with the Generator bracket. Once those details are taken care of I can get back to plowing and getting the hood on it....
Its always something!
I also had to solve an issue with the Gas Cap. It was squirting gas out of the vent hole while running hard. That was solved with some filter material placed in the cap baffle. It will allow the tank to vent but keep the liquid down in the tank.
That all happened before the strap broke.
Edited by steamer936, March 21, 2016 - 02:41 PM.