• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steamer936 OFFLINE  

steamer936
  • Member No: 75599
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 11:58 AM

I got the Parts that I sought thanks to Rick and Ricks Bolens Parts.

You now see a before and after of getting the fuel tank profile down to where its suppose to be.

Before....

Original Tecumseh Tank
After....
Bolens tank and a 1055 tank Barcket

Behold!.....The test fit of the Hood.

Test Fit of the Hood
Test Fit of the Hood Tank Side
20160315 073348

The hood fits on it!

The first time the hood has fit on it in over 40 years.

The next step will be to replace the hood hinge and the brace bracket.

• Bolens 1000, LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and 7 others have said thanks

#2 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,764 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:22 PM

Glad to see you got the parts ok and all went good for you, much nicer look

• Bolens800uk said thank you

#3 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 07:30 PM

Thats attractive lol!

#4 steamer936 OFFLINE  

steamer936
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 09:07 AM

Update on this project..

The hood is slowly moving towards mounting on the tractor.

But duty comes first. The 800 has plowing to do. When I was out plowing all of the shaking and the beating took its toll on the new Gas Tank setup.

The Tank straps I made did not hold up and I saw one had broken. That put an end to plowing and back to the shop area for a new set of straps. Any time restomoding happens there are always these little debugging issues.

I found some good heavy strap material and spent the afternoon making some better straps. 

Putting it back together last night I kept running into minor fit problems that the dark and the cold air was keeping me from finishing.

This evening I need to move the strap bolt on the front so it does not interfere with the Generator bracket. Once those details are taken care of I can get back to plowing and getting the hood on it....

Its always something!

Oh BTW,

I also had to solve an issue with the Gas Cap. It was squirting gas out of the vent hole while running hard. That was solved with some filter material placed in the cap baffle. It will allow the tank to vent but keep the liquid down in the tank.

That all happened before the strap broke.

Edited by steamer936, March 21, 2016 - 02:41 PM.

• KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#5 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 09:43 AM

Any time restomoding happens there are always these little debugging issues.

That would make a good title for the story of my life ! Except the de-bugging for me seems to always cause as much work or more than the original issue....

Glad your sticking with it. My life's motto is straight from Winston Churchill "NEVER GIVE UP" followed closely by "Always be prepared" first learned from BSA and honed in the USN, and lately "this getting old is NOT for sissies" JimD.

Let's face it, we will lose money almost every-time we save one of these from the scrapper. So be it !

I am so over what the neighbors think of my hobbies, when they start paying my bills they can start telling me what my hobbies aught to be !

Keep on keeping on, I'm glad your working thru-it to get it right, there is enough schlock in the world.

• steamer936 said thank you

#6 steamer936 OFFLINE  

steamer936
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 10:23 AM

Any time restomoding happens there are always these little debugging issues.

That would make a good title for the story of my life ! Except the de-bugging for me seems to always cause as much work or more than the original issue....

Glad your sticking with it. My life's motto is straight from Winston Churchill "NEVER GIVE UP" followed closely by "Always be prepared" first learned from BSA and honed in the USN, and lately "this getting old is NOT for sissies" JimD.

Let's face it, we will lose money almost every-time we save one of these from the scrapper. So be it !

I am so over what the neighbors think of my hobbies, when they start paying my bills they can start telling me what my hobbies aught to be !

Keep on keeping on, I'm glad your working thru-it to get it right, there is enough schlock in the world.

Ahh Yes,

In my case 42 years in Scouts. I live by " Be Prepared". The Never Give Up motto comes from long before Churchill, it was the motto on the Stephenson Family, who created the Rocket Steam engine. My love love Live steam railroading also drives this.

As far as spending money, I am cheap I don't spend that much in parts. I spend it in time.

• jpackard56 said thank you

#7 steamer936 OFFLINE  

steamer936
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 07:01 AM

The tank is back on. The new straps work well just I had to put them on upside down so the would not interfere with the generator bracket.

It is a worker not a show piece. So slight deviations are OK.

It was back to plowing last night!

• blackjackjakexxix and KennyP have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, husky, 800