#1 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 10:37 AM

I seem to have NO brakes on Frankin Tractor(ingersol 6018/Dig-it 188T)..petal is stiff,looked under the beast and cant tell how it works...looks as though it goes into the rear end housing...I hope that isn't the case.I finally found the packing for the Hydro Cyls on the backhoe..so I hope to have the old girl digging soon...errrr but would be nice if I could have it stop as well...LOL

• Danielpet said thank you

#2 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,397 Thanks
  • 1,228 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 08:00 PM

Not sure how different that is from the other Case/Ingersoll but the hydro system is more than adequate for braking. Especially if you have a holding valve. Given its a later machine, you probably do as it became standard on all after Ingersoll changed to the 4 digit machines. The brakes are lacking. More for parking than actually stopping. The pedal tightens a band around a drum on the rear end. Good luck hope this helps!

Eric
  • Auburn David said thank you

#3 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 10:07 AM

Not sure how different that is from the other Case/Ingersoll but the hydro system is more than adequate for braking. Especially if you have a holding valve. Given its a later machine, you probably do as it became standard on all after Ingersoll changed to the 4 digit machines. The brakes are lacking. More for parking than actually stopping. The pedal tightens a band around a drum on the rear end. Good luck hope this helps!

Eric

Well she "coast"..but wont stop from what I have found.I figured the hydro system would stop it myself..but that doesn't seem to be the case with this one.It will freely roll with the engine off.cant find a free wheel release on it like many have.

#4 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,397 Thanks
  • 1,228 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 04:12 PM

There's no "free wheel release". Just neutral in the transaxle. You should have high, low, and neutral. I've used reverse to stop also. The 200/400 series manuals actually recommend that method.

Eric
  • Auburn David said thank you

#5 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 04:49 PM

There's no "free wheel release". Just neutral in the transaxle. You should have high, low, and neutral. I've used reverse to stop also. The 200/400 series manuals actually recommend that method.

Eric

So I see...its discouraged to use the break petal in the manual...says to use the control lever when possible.Thank you for that info!

#6 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 04:57 PM

On the other hand I have a direction lever(not a control lever)and a travel petal on this machine.