• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 old coot OFFLINE  

old coot
  • Member No: 54079
  • 39 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 10:30 AM

was wondering if bolens made a manual snow blade lift and angle changer...an 1886 large frame is what i have , i do have a hyrdaulic lift but i have to get off the tractor to change angles and that gets old.... I just wonder if a home made one could be done ? 

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#2 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,280 Thanks
  • 1,706 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 11:12 AM

Sent you a pm,the correct frame assembly for your 1886 should have a hydraulic cylinder to change the angle without getting off the tractor,if your frame doesn't have the cylinder I have what you need
  • old coot said thank you

#3 LPBolens OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,164 Thanks
  • 873 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 04:02 PM

I have always wondered if Bolens made a kit to change the blade angle from the driver's seat on the blades without an angling cylinder. A friend of mine had an old Roper that had two long rods that went up to the front of the tractor. One rod disengaged the spring-loaded blade lock, and the other one was attached to an outer corner of the blade so you could adjust the blade angle with a push-pull motion. It looked kind of Rube Goldberg, but worked pretty well.
  • blackjackjakexxix and old coot have said thanks

#4 SgtMoonracer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 74500
  • 20 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 04:52 PM

I have a tube frame, and I've sen a couple of home made contraptions to do the angling.  I've been meaning to do something similar to mine, but haven't had time.

I think a thin cable routed through a couple of eye bolts to the blade lock, and either a long rod to the blade corner, or perhaps a rod that would attach to the existing snow-thrower rod, running through the existing brace to the blade.

When I get some time I'm going to do this.  I'll post when I do.

• LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and old coot have said thanks