• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 R Miller OFFLINE  

R Miller

• Member No: 3006
  • 4 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted March 13, 2016 - 10:56 PM

Hi Again. I just wanted to check back in. Thanks again for all the help. I did take valve covers off and all push rods look good. I don't see any thing wrong there. So then I pulled engine from mount.. that was about only way to get at and remove flywheel. So I got flywheel off and to my surprise no sheered key. All looks good. Not a total lost case .. A lot of oil mess on stater. I need to replace main crank seal. So now I'm not sure where to look next. It just has standard ignition modules. the only other thing I'll look at is carb solenoid. If anyone has other thoughts I'd like to hear them. Thanks

• CedricSa said thank you

#2 Kyocum OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6171
  • 270 Thanks
  • 395 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 06:49 AM

Well I reckon if it were mine I would pull the fuel tank ,drain and clean that. Install a new fuel filter. Pull the carb and give it a good cleaning. While carb is off you can check the fuel shut-off solenoid for proper operation. The carb on them are extremely easy to work on. Don't spray carb cleaner on the o-ring seal because they have been known to swell and not fit back in the groove. Not a lot of little pieces to deal with. I just cleaned the complete fuel system on my CH-18 and what a difference. There was a lot of water and degraded fuel in the float chamber when I pulled my carb apart and the fuel in the tank didnt look so swell either. Put it back together and filled with ethanol free gas and man what a difference. It's like a whole new engine.  Good luck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kohler ch20