- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Devanton OFFLINE  

• Member No: 81736
  • 9 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 03:05 PM

Another question if I may, are Bendix and Zenith carbs the same?

Thank you.

#17 classic ONLINE  

• Member No: 52970
  • 3,389 Thanks
  • 1,573 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 08:26 PM

You're welcome. I just search Ebay for parts, and most times the seller only has one for sale. It's pretty much luck when you come across NOS parts for cheap. Someone may have taken the engine tag off of an AEH and put it on the engine on your tractor.The AEN was made from '49-'57. I'm no expert on the Wisconsin engines, but if you Google Wisconsin serial number dates, you can find what year the engine was built, or the date that the engine tag was stamped. The T96 transmission will have a date code with raised cast numbers on the side of the case. You can just remove the four bolts holding the transmission top cover down, remove the top cover, and inspect the internals. I think I saw Gibson manuals on Ebay, too. Here is a link to the source for the brake bands.
  • MH81 said thank you

#18 Devanton OFFLINE  

• Member No: 81736
  • 9 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 10:46 AM

Good morning all,

I am well on the way with dismantling the Model D.
Most parts seem reasonably OK.
Sprockets and chain have to go, as the V belts too.

The previous owner has welded securing rings to the bottomend of both steering "pins" to which the wheel hubs are connected.
There is a lot of play on these pins and i want to fix that.
Problem is, if i grind off the welded securing rings the whole assembly will fall down but will i be able to put it together again?.??

I can,t see too much details in the manual.
Anybody has any experience with that please ?

Looking forward to hear from anybody who can help.

Edited by Devanton, March 26, 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#19 hddlh OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8018
  • 23 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 31, 2016 - 07:12 AM

Yahoo has a group for Gibson tractors with lots of information including manuals.  There is also a guy named Joe that sells brake bands for about $125 with some hardware and are very nicely made.  His contact information can also be find on that group.