• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:16 PM

I want to add also to check the face of the points. From the arcing they can get rough on the face of them. Kind of like they are welding themselves together. Cleaning the points is one of the first things I always do if I am having spark trouble and then gap them.

#17 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:19 PM

the must not move much at all if you only gap them to approx how thick the one part of a match book is. now if i may have you opinion on what brand battery i should put in the beast. the one in there wont hold a charge for 10 freakin minutes.

#18 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 05, 2011 - 09:54 PM

ok so the 13th my coil might be near my house =( in the mean time ive got the rear rims cleaned up. now im gonna get the plow stripped down. might try and keep the decal that says model and serial # the springs are salvageable. so when i start rapid stripping the plow down any suggestions on what and what not to touch other than the hydraulic lines and cylinder. also is there anyway to lock the plow to grade dirt and gravel?

#19 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 10:49 PM

The dozer blade attaches to the same rock shaft that the mower does. That hydraulic control has Up, Down & Float. On the Down setting, the blade will exert down pressure, and can lift the front of the tractor off the ground.

#20 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 08, 2011 - 10:15 AM

lock as in make it so it doesnt trip. but thanks for info on how to hook it up lol

#21 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted May 08, 2011 - 10:56 AM

The only way I know of to keep the blade from tripping is to replace the trip springs with solid connectors. I have seen folks use turnbuckles. On the other hand, I have graded with my 54" dozer blade, and not had it trip on me. I expect if a blade trips easily, the springs are too weak.

#22 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 08, 2011 - 02:57 PM

i figure grading soil or gravel is one thing, digging down into hard packed dirt to level an area for a shed addition, well thats another =D