Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
For Sale

Great Power King Tractor for sale with implements and hydraulics!

powerking economytractor sale 3pointhitch plows restored frameoffrestoration

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bigdaddypowerking OFFLINE  

Bigdaddypowerking
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 73092
  • 21 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 08:42 AM

This is a 1973 Power King Economy tractor with a three point hitch and many implements included. Not many people know about the powerking tractors because they're rare to an extent but they're fantastic tractors. It was used at my grandmothers old farm for a long time until my grandparents got old and could no longer keep the farm going. It's a very nice powerful compact tractor with a nice newly rebuilt Kohler engine.This tractor has undergone a complete frame off restoration with a rebuilt engine and transmission everything has been done to it. It has hydraulics to the three point hitch. Was going to complete it but I had to take a good paying job and I'm always there so I no longer have the time for the tractor. It's done 90%. I never got to hook up the hydraulics and the carburetor to it so shoot me an offer and I hope this tractor can find a great new home to do 43+ years of more service! I live in Georgia about an hour and a half from Atlanta, I am willing to travel. I have a truck and trailer. This would be a great project for anybody who is mechanically inclined with tractors, it's an easy fix for somebody with time on their hands. The asking price is $2500 obo I will negotiate at reasonable offers.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

• Alc and Traill95 have said thanks

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 09:52 AM

Suggestion, you may want to post the serial number to verify year, however, I really have little doubt that it is a 73 since I see no mounting blocks for the snow plow.  Another suggestion, if you hope to even come close to getting your price, you probably should list the attachments that come with the tractor.  pictures of the attachments would go a long way in helping you sell it also.  A little tip if I may, turn your seat mount around.  It's on backwards.  Good luck.  Looks like a very nice tractor.

• TomLGT195 and fogler12538 have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 07:32 PM

Jeff, depends on which picture you look at for seat mount. Another shows correct, but also see the hydra controls not on it yet, just hoses ending there. SO, must be pictures of in process during rebuild.  3pt looks good, but I didn't notice the blocks on front, seems odd this year doesn't have??  Couple of nice tri-ribs on front would be good idea. 

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 08:13 PM

Jeff, depends on which picture you look at for seat mount. Another shows correct, but also see the hydra controls not on it yet, just hoses ending there. SO, must be pictures of in process during rebuild.  3pt looks good, but I didn't notice the blocks on front, seems odd this year doesn't have??  Couple of nice tri-ribs on front would be good idea. 

You are correct.  I was focused on that one drawing and didn't notice the seat mount in the other picture.

#5 Bigdaddypowerking OFFLINE  

Bigdaddypowerking
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 73092
  • 21 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 11:30 PM

It is only 90% done with and the picture of the correct seat bracket is the most recent one I changed that the other day and boy was that difficult with that big rear axle in the way but I managed to do it. I only have 2 other plows that come with it and they're all rusty so no big ticket implements unfortunately. It was a fun process restoring this tractor but one I'll more then likely never do again unfortunately

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, powerking, economytractor, sale, 3pointhitch, plows, restored, frameoffrestoration