45 replies to this topic

#1 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,548 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 08:50 PM

I just dont know. in my opinion, 95% of all new music, be it rap, country whatever, is just techno garbage.

I dont know. seems like if your not good at singing, you can just cover it with weird, computer generated noises. Just a thought

• hamman, MFDAC, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#2 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,129 Thanks
  • 5,581 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 08:54 PM

I don't know how old you are but yes new music is terrible. I'm more 80s and 90s but I'm 32 so I grew up on that stuff.

But think through out time. Every generation hates the next generations music. I remember riding around with my grandpa and him listening to 50s music and my dad listening to 70s rock. It's all about your generation.
  • hamman, oldedeeres and HANKG have said thanks

#3 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,548 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 08:56 PM

I don't know how old you are but yes new music is terrible. I'm more 80s and 90s but I'm 32 so I grew up on that stuff.

But think through out time. Every generation hates the next generations music. I remember riding around with my grandpa and him listening to 50s music and my dad listening to 70s rock. It's all about your generation.

im 13 but i agree totally with you.

• hamman, WNYTractorTinkerer and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#4 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,189 Thanks
  • 2,782 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 09:04 PM

Nothing stays the same. Music is no different. My self, I like country music and the stuff they put out now is a mix of rap, hip hop and maybe country. I prefer the old style traditional country music. Just this week we lost Joey Feek of Joey and Rory. They were as close to traditional country as you could. get. We all have our preference and we all like something different, yet we all agree, music is not what would be called great music. JM2CW !                                                     Roger

• boyscout862, propane1 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#5 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 1,307 Thanks
  • 806 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 09:09 PM

Well the wife and I were talking about this, music is not infinite, there are only so many variations to the tones you can hear. This being said eventually we reach a point where just jumbling more sounds together becomes noise! I think that is where we are now, also when you no longer have to have talent because you can just auto tune everyone's voice into something else is when people stop trying and then we all just give up. I am kidding but not totally. I agree with the above statement that every generation hates the next music but come on people this isn't music it is noise! This is what noise canceling earmuffs are for.
  • hamman, oldedeeres and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#6 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 7,988 Thanks
  • 3,863 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 09:38 PM

I don't listen to the radio any more because of the crazy music and advertisements. I just couldn't handle it any more one day about six months ago and off went the radio. Older country music is what I like. We have one show on the radio called, the Saturday night hoedown, it's on for three hours, so I listen to it.

Noel
  • hamman said thank you

#7 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 09:43 PM

The originality has really gone out of it, just like the movies. No body seems to able to come up with any thing new anymore.

I've been a rocker since the sixties, and I love straight ahead rock and roll. This new fangled techno-crap doesn't work for me.
  • Alc, hamman, dodge trucker and 2 others have said thanks

#8 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,835 Thanks
  • 6,063 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:07 PM

All music came from one basic source - Country Music.  I agree with the majority of you guys that what we have today is nothing but noise.  Boom - Ba-Boom. Boom Ba-Boom.  And the younger generation can't makes sense out of it either so they crank it up as loud as they possibly can to try to find something usable.  To each his own I guess but give me that old time country or give me nothing.

• hamman said thank you

#9 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,930 Thanks
  • 2,078 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:16 PM

Most of the music I listen to is country from the late '80s thru about 2010, some of my favorites are artist or groups that many have forgotten, such as,

Sawyer Brown, Lonestar, Garth Brooks, and even a band from the 2000's called Bering Strait, if you look them up beware of the group using the same name(not cool).

• hamman and chieffan have said thanks

#10 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Validating
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,688 Thanks
  • 1,148 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:23 PM

We're thankful our little local radio station plays country from the '50's up to maybe in the '80's. I LOVE IT!!

Mike

• hamman, MFDAC and adamjd200 have said thanks

#11 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 808 Thanks
  • 465 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:23 PM

I am in the car for an hour or two a day and the (noise) that on the radio at times is just to much .

Patrick

• hamman said thank you

#12 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 1,307 Thanks
  • 806 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:44 PM

Pretty sure cultural and folk music came before country and even cavemen banged stuff together, and let's not forget religious music! I hate most of this but after the Navy country the most. You can only listen to the same thing so much before you can no longer stand it. Yes to each his own but that's the problem with today's damn radios, we all have to hear it coming from those darn cars and let's be honest, to get quality at those volumes you would be spending tens of thousands so turn that junk down!
  • hamman said thank you

#13 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,962 Thanks
  • 2,601 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 11:10 PM

I was born in the late 60s, I was too young to know what Woodstock was at the time it was happening but that was when music was at its best, you can go back into the early 60s (a little before my time) as being the start of the best music ever/ the 70s was great (except for disco) the early/mid 80s wasn't bad til you get into Poison, INXS, Def Leppard, Nirvana, and such, (which I cannot stand)  right at that time is when music took a fast plunge thru the sewer and has gotten worse from there....I wasnt into heavy metal/ "Headbanging" either.

I liked alot of Motown, but rap? and "alternative" (what ever that is) is a waste of media.

The Cars, Duran Duran, John Cougar,  Robert Plant/the Honeydrippers, Hall and Oates etc was the last of anything good.

My favorites are Steely Dan, the Doobie Brothers, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, CCR,and  the Beatles (and the individual artists from the Beatles in their solo stuff was great, too). 

Edited by dodge trucker, March 10, 2016 - 11:19 PM.

• Alc, hamman, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#14 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,985 Thanks
  • 1,256 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 11:22 PM

I got my iPhone mainly for music. Use the bluetooth in garage  and in my truck. Have my own eclectic taste in music.  ACCURADIO has a good assortment of genres.  

• hamman said thank you

#15 JiminRI OFFLINE  

JiminRI
  • Member No: 62914
  • 84 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 12:13 AM

As a boomer, my favorites are rock, easy listening and new age jazz but I occasionally listen to big band and classical. My 9 year old grandson thinks rap is music - we agree to disagree. Interestingly, quite independent of me he recently got into the Beatles and can't get enough of them. Maybe there is hope for his generation after all.

• Alc, hamman, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks