nice find anyway 

#17 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 67198
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 11:15 AM

Well I finally got to tear into the H14 today, just a little bit though. I pulled the seat pan off and checked everything out a little bit. Looks fairly normal, grease everywhere, but the lift cylinder is caked with a ton of grease, and I can move it by hand but then it pops back when I release. Should it be able to do that? Also, there's like a tab cut out on the back of the seat pan, but it doesn't look hacked. It's either factory, or whoever cut it did a pretty good job!

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 004.JPG
  • 005.JPG
  • 006.JPG
  • 010.JPG

Edited by gardentractornut, March 11, 2016 - 11:16 AM.

• Bolens 1000 and LPBolens have said thanks

#18 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 12:03 PM

That tab is factory.  A user could punch it out if there was something on the back like a hitch that raised up. I had a few with the tab and some without. 

• blackjackjakexxix and Sawdust have said thanks

#19 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 03:26 PM

Well today was finally the day. I ripped the TRA-12D from the 1254 and dropped it in the H14. For some reason I could only get 3 bolts in but that's fine, it worked pretty good. The hydro works! Yay! I know pretty much nothing about them, so I am extremely glad that I don't have to tear it down. The hydro lift works too, although the cylinder leaks a bit. I did get a short video of the lift working. Don't mind my makeshift hang-n-haul, it looks like crap! 
I had an extra half hour a few weeks ago so I fried it together with some scraps. It'll work till I make a nice one. I'm going to put the video on youtube later.

Attached Thumbnails

• 006.JPG
  • 004.JPG
  • 006.JPG

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, Rock farmer and 3 others have said thanks

#20 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,114 Thanks
  • 1,200 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 04:02 PM

Glad you got it swapped over and things are working.

#21 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 05:15 PM

Are you planning on keeping the Wisconsin in the H14, or did you just swap it in to test the hydro drive?

Jim

#22 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 09:47 PM

Are you planning on keeping the Wisconsin in the H14, or did you just swap it in to test the hydro drive?

Jim

Just testing the hydro. It's back in the 1254 again now.

• CanadianHobbyFarmer said thank you

#23 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 04:39 PM

Are you looking for a new engine for the H-14, or are you going to try to get the original back up and running? I recently picked up a second 1054 with a Honda swapped into it. I did get the original Wisconsin with it as well and I am hoping to get it running and put it back in. So far I know I need a head gasket and need to remove and replace a broken head bolt. The bolt is my own fault for not just letting it soak in PB blaster for a couple of days. The piece that is still in the block is soaking now.

Jim

#24 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 06:11 PM

Definitely a nice deal like mentioned well worth the effort to get it back up & running. I have an H16 & love it. Mine ran well but the rear pan looked like it was on a bumper car at the local fair, the side tube covers were missing but I found them on ebay & did some body work on it...real happy with it. Keep us up to date.

#25 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 09:11 PM

Definitely a nice deal like mentioned well worth the effort to get it back up & running. I have an H16 & love it. Mine ran well but the rear pan looked like it was on a bumper car at the local fair, the side tube covers were missing but I found them on ebay & did some body work on it...real happy with it. Keep us up to date.

The seat pan is a little bent outta shape on this one too, but not horrible. I sure will!

Are you looking for a new engine for the H-14, or are you going to try to get the original back up and running? I recently picked up a second 1054 with a Honda swapped into it. I did get the original Wisconsin with it as well and I am hoping to get it running and put it back in. So far I know I need a head gasket and need to remove and replace a broken head bolt. The bolt is my own fault for not just letting it soak in PB blaster for a couple of days. The piece that is still in the block is soaking now.

Jim

Right now I think I have a deal nailed down on a HH140 with a stripped out spark plug hole. We'll see where it goes...

• CanadianHobbyFarmer said thank you