#1 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 04:43 PM

From when I bought the Massey 1655 the speed control/parking brake lever has never worked. The brake pedal would work but you couldn't lock it in park with the lever. I had to replace the pair of drive belts so I thought this would be a good time to get it working. I tried washers and spacers on both adjusting links but nothing would work right. I got it to were the parking brake would work, but the top three speed settings of the lever did nothing. Finally decided it had to be the lever itself. There was no worn connections so it must be bent. Sure enough. I put took out all the washers and spacers and set the adjustments to center points so I make changes if needed. I than bent the lever close to its base end. Works great now. Obviously someone in the past had forced the lever instead of using the pedal. I now know how it all works, and know not to use the lever without the pedal, as the lever is basically to keep a setting and not forcing it to that setting, use the pedal. IMGP2453.JPG IMGP2452.JPG
  • TheFarm2004, limebuzz, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 05:41 PM

This might be my issue on my 1855.  It seems like wherever I move my speed adjustment lever it doesn't do anything at all.  It doesn't even feel like anything is attached to my speed lever when I move it.