• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 schoust OFFLINE  

schoust

• Member No: 3056
  • 1 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hello Guy's new to the forum very nicley set up! I have stumbled upon a Massey Gt14 that what the owner has said was very good condition? What I was wondering is whats a tractor such as this worth? Ideally I was looking for an older large frame tractor with some atatchments. I thought that this was a nice tractor but I know very little about these machines. Are atatchments for these machines hard to come by??
Thanks

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 03:24 PM

Without seeing pics it is hard to put a value on it. I have seen them go from $500 to $1,000 and a couple that were more then that. What all does it come with? Wheel weights? Mower deck? Snow blade? Tiller?

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 04:03 PM

Welcome to the site schoust,glad to have you with us.

#4 schoust OFFLINE  

schoust

• Member No: 3056
  • 1 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 04:30 PM

Hey Guy's thanks for the welcome! Real nice sight! me and my 3 Son's will really enjoy this one! I have no Pix as of yet the tractor belongs to a fella that isn't really big into the computer so I thought i would just go there and look at it. It is supposed to be in decent condition? There are no attachments and it does have a mower deck. I like the looks of the tractor and want to buy it BUT if the attachments are hard to come by I might pass in hopes of finding a more popular brand like a large frame Bolens or?? I have learned that anything worth buying mechanically must be older than 1976! I say this because I have had several tractor's and all of them are flat out JUNK! If anyone in the tri State area of Ct. has a tractor that I might be interested in please P.m. me with the detail's.....
Thanks

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 07:38 PM

I wouldn't say the attachments are hard to come by, mainly a little more expensive. The Massey MF14 and MF16 are awesome tractors an I still have them on my wish list. They had a factory option 3 point lift. If it happens to have the 3pt then you can use a multitude of universal attachments. I wouldn't say 76' would be the cutoff. The big Masseys/Snappers like the 1655 and 1855 were made in the 80's and are terrific tractors as well. A lot of the companies made great stuff up into the 80's and some still do. Of course the price goes up with the newer stuff.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 07:55 PM

I used to have an MF14 and loved it/ I built my own 3pt lift for it too. I only sold it to get more project tractors. I got $1200 for mine with 3pt & the 510 mower deck, but it was in pristine condition, fresh restored.
The MF510 mower deck does a real nice mowing cut. The Sundstrand hydro is strong & dependable. Kinda harder to find attachments, but once you find them, they will last your lifetime & more.

#7 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 08:24 PM

:wave: schoust Welcome to GTTalk! Glad to have you with us! I'm not really up on the Masseys, But some of the guys who are have already answered! Best of luck finding a suitable tractor, but we'll warn you that the old steel is addictive LOL! Also we hope that you enjoy the forum and take advantage of all that it has to offer!

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 10:56 PM

schoust :welcome: to GTTalk, you are getting very sound advice already.

Glad you found us & equally glad to hear it'll be a father & sons restoration!

#9 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted May 02, 2011 - 08:30 AM

Its a nice tractor, but the attachments are cheasy. Its got a 46" snow thrower that is driven by a single belt. The Tiller has a 175" single belt. The attachments arent hard to find like for the Snapper machines and they usually arent that expensive. I have an extra snow blower if youre looking