• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steamer936 OFFLINE  

steamer936
  • Member No: 75599
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 04:23 PM

I am wanting to eventually put the hood back on my Bolens 800. The Tank that is on the current engine sits too tall. I want to put an original tank back on it to get the height back down.

In that case am looking for a Metal Fuel Tank for a Bolens Tube Frame tractor. It looks like I can make any tank from tube frames work with the exception of a Briggs equipped 600.

#2 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 08:40 PM

I have a metal fuel tank,some very minor rust inside,good solid tank,I may have a gas tank bracket also, pm me if your interested,Thanks,Rick

#3 steamer936 OFFLINE  

steamer936
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 10:35 AM

Thanks Rick I have them in my grubby paws and will be doing something with them soon.

So This is now a FOUND!

Could one of our awsome moderators change this to a found along with the WANTED post for the bracket.

TNX

• blackjackjakexxix and KennyP have said thanks

#4 steamer936 OFFLINE  

steamer936
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 07:11 AM

Ok it did not take long I installed the Tank and bracket last night.

There were some very minor "fit" tweaks and moving of some screws on the engine air tin. It is now running on the new tank.

Some other minor items need to be done like mounting the fuel line on the front of the engine cowl, plugging the holes in the engine cowl where the fuel line went through.

I did a test fit of the hood and everything fits! Soon Very Soon, the hood will be back on it after some 40 years.

Pictures of the before and after will be coming Look for it on the Bolens Forum.

Again Rick THANKS!

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Found, bolens, husky, 800, 1055, g10, fuel tank