2 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,528 Thanks
  • 2,552 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 01:16 PM

has set in here at Goofy Acres. SO I have decided that I am gong to start a new project. Doesn't have anything to do with GTs but it is something I have been contemplating for for months. The wife and I like to shoot and we have a friend out west that will reload for us at a fraction of the cost of new. We have found a few places around us in the woods where people go to shoot and leave behind their brass. Last year we picked up about 500 rounds of various brass cartridges in different calibers.

I want to make it easier for our friend so I've decided to build a brass tumbler. I have several cordless drills around that the batteries are bad in but I do have a charger for them. I have a 2 gallon bucket with a screw on lid that makes it water tight. I just need to buy some of the stainless steel pin media to use to clean the brass and with I have in wood and casters will make a nice tumbler. I will take pics as I go along and if I can still post them I will later. Can't just sit around and wait for the snow to melt. (LOL) should take me a couple of days to accomplish this if I stay on it.                                                                                                            Roger

• olcowhand, KennyP, MFDAC and 7 others have said thanks

#2 Jazz OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62028
  • 1,354 Thanks
  • 889 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 02:58 PM

Sounds like good cold weather activity, right up there with making fishing lures. 

• hamman and LilysDad have said thanks

#3 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,240 Thanks
  • 7,472 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 05:55 PM

Okay, I need photos of the tumbler and the lures.

I want to make a tumbler from a printer, but the little woman doesn't see the sense of paying $15 for a resale printer.

• hamman said thank you