#16 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 07:09 PM

Ok guys I just couldn't help myself. I freed up the stuck valve in the k91t and the seats looked good and the cylinder wall looked perfect! So I put it back together, changed the oil and added a bit of Lucas to it. It had good spark and I got all the out of the carburetor. I put the engine back on the tractor and put gas in the tank (after I cleaned it out) and believe it or not the tractor fired up on the second pull!! Smoked a little at first and then nothing! Ran it around for an hour or so until the spark plug that was in it fouled. Put a new one in and kept going! Next I need to fix the recoil but overall it worked great!
  • MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,254 Thanks
  • 28,603 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 10:20 PM

:dancingbanana:
  • GTpicker01 said thank you

#18 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 06:03 AM

so what are the future plans are going to restore it? almost looks like you could pressure wash it and straighten the hood out a little and have nice original. glad you got it running. my 854 had the same issue when I got it a stuck exhaust valve.

#19 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 08:24 AM

so what are the future plans are going to restore it? almost looks like you could pressure wash it and straighten the hood out a little and have nice original. glad you got it running. my 854 had the same issue when I got it a stuck exhaust valve.

I need to find an original gas tank for it so I can fix the nasty cuts on the top of the hood. As of now it has a briggs tank on it. This year I think it is going to shows as is, but I will give it a good pressure washing.

#20 warrior120 OFFLINE  

warrior120
  • Member No: 77709
  • 56 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 09:05 PM

Cool that it doesn't need seals, wish I could say that about my charger 10