• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,863 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 06:52 AM

really? I haven't even pulled the mowers out for a test fire yet.... you suck..... we had 3" of slushy sloppy snow yesterday again..... and yes it is already a mud  pit around here too   they are calling for 50s and 60s though and plenty of rain that we don't need for next week

#17 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,761 Thanks
  • 4,269 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 08:32 AM

Just remember those guys in the "banana belt" will be working a lot more than we will up North.  But for your info we have a few green field up here also.  Rye grass that was planted as a cover crop last fall is coming back to life already.  One mower down, three to go.  #2 today.

• Alc said thank you

#18 Jazz ONLINE  

• Member No: 62028
  • 1,350 Thanks
  • 888 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 08:49 AM

Yes. Just whAt I was thinking this am. Another 8 weeks might be able to pound a spade into the ground and its much warmer this today ,,a balmy -20C at sunrise!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by Jazz, March 04, 2016 - 08:52 AM.

• limebuzz, Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#19 steamer936 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 75599
  • 111 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 10:36 AM

WOW.......!  No mowing here yet, and will be a few weeks at least.

The Mowing has already started. Seeds are started, garden planed. The wifes Deere started to have a deck issue, like one of the rear hangers is hanging on by a small bit of metal. The rest is cracked and rusted. The Green Bolens (modern MTD unit) has been put into use mowing while the Deere deck gets repaired.

In all of this I am behind on getting the plow mounted on the Bolens 800 so the garden can be plowed.

I hope that the sleeve hitch build gets done this weekend and we can get to plowing.

• limebuzz and Alc have said thanks