Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Which Shipping Company Is Kindest to Your Packages?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted March 02, 2016 - 09:42 AM

I don't know that I've ever had anything broken by anyone being shipped.

Although as said above fedex is the worst about home deliveries!  UPS terminal is less than 4 miles from my house, so that works out well.  If I call up there and tell them to leave my package at the terminal I can snag it before it gets on the delivery truck, and save a lot of hassle.

I have a big problem with getting stuff shipped to my house because of address problems.  If I order something and put my physical address on it and UPS ships it, no problem.  But if I put my physical address on a package and USPS delivers it, then I never get it!

They closed our towns post office, so our mail is handled 3 towns over.  And each and every town in the area has a "church st."  So basically they can't figure out which one it is.  So they just ship it back.

I have to call when I order stuff and ask "how are you shipping"  and usually I get an attitude because they all use different shippers depending on price.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#17 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,319 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted March 02, 2016 - 11:08 AM

I have had stuff damaged in shipping. Mostly due to how the seller packaged it. Walmart sacks stuffed into an oversized box are not sufficient packing for electronic equipment and a 160# engine stuck in a cardboard box and labeled 120# to get fedex ground instead of fedex freight prices are the worst I have personally seen. I'm am sure there are bigger idiots out there. YOU get stuck paying the return shipping because of someone else's incompetence. 

#18 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,688 Thanks
  • 7,694 posts

Posted March 02, 2016 - 05:06 PM

I have had stuff damaged in shipping.

I shipped a small mobility scooter from Illinois to Oregon using UPS. It passed all the check points until the last one. It arrived in a different box and that one was trashed. Then I had to arm wrestle the head insurance adjuster for a settlement.

#19 MGP59DB ONLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,040 Thanks
  • 525 posts

Posted March 02, 2016 - 07:42 PM

I have been lucky with the stuff I have had shipped in this last year.

The stuff from people on this site packed it good !! :D

UPS tried to hurt it , but you can't do much to solid steel.

I found a UPS air filter in a snow drift next to my porch , apparently set on top of the mailbox.

Sorry to hear about U-ship .... I have an item on the way... :wallbanging:

I take deliveries at work from UPS and Feds every day , I see how they do it . not too carefull and always in a hurry. Both always have crushed stuff.

Shipping is like going to a craps table in Vegas I guess , roll of the dice.

#20 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,442 Thanks
  • 953 posts

Posted March 02, 2016 - 08:50 PM

Some customers don't mind some rough handling. This pic is about 30 years old.. I was delivering to a quarry and they were not interested in working too hard so as I rolled the truck ahead  while the powder man rolled skids of prill off the trailer. It was cheaper to mix their own prill but dirty job and no powder magazine required.

Attached Thumbnails

• FullSizeRender.jpg

• Bolens 1000 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#21 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,688 Thanks
  • 7,694 posts

Posted March 03, 2016 - 08:13 AM

Stupid deliveries aren't limited to the Big Three. I had Menards deliver a pallet of shingles to my house. When the truck arrived, they tilted the truck bed and the pallet slid off, hit the ground and the banding broke, scattering bundles everywhere.

• wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted March 03, 2016 - 08:22 AM

I've had decent luck with the packages I have received. Only a few looked abused. Just got a big box yesterday through UPS and is was in real good shape.

#23 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,319 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted March 03, 2016 - 09:57 AM

Some customers don't mind some rough handling. This pic is about 30 years old.. I was delivering to a quarry and they were not interested in working too hard so as I rolled the truck ahead  while the powder man rolled skids of prill off the trailer. It was cheaper to mix their own prill but dirty job and no powder magazine required.

I worked in a bag/sock plant and loaded shots about 30 years ago. hard work but a lot of fun.

#24 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted March 03, 2016 - 10:40 AM

Stupid deliveries aren't limited to the Big Three. I had Menards deliver a pallet of shingles to my house. When the truck arrived, they tilted the truck bed and the pallet slid off, hit the ground and the banding broke, scattering bundles everywhere.

They would of been coming out and picking them up and stacking them if that was me.  I would of came unglued over that!

#25 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 08:35 AM

I've had very good luck as far as items not being damaged but has anyone else noticed, UPS has been handing off an awful lot of their packages to the USPS for final delivery lately. This always seems to tack on at least 2 days for the hand off.

Edited by Canawler, March 04, 2016 - 08:35 AM.

• KennyP said thank you