#1 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:31 PM

Its a model 2414. Model year 1973, possibly? Bought it non running off Ebay. Only took a couple days to get her running again though. Pulled head. Had about 1/2" of water in cylinder. Cleaned it up, lapped the valves, cleaned the carb. and fuel tank. Put new fuel line/filter and points on and it fired right up.

Definitely goingto need a new seat. Need to find a fuel cap as well. Was missing when I got it. Tank was nasty inside. Hydraulics work. Missing a lot of the rear hitch. Probably and up building one. Should be a nice tractor when its done.

Attached Thumbnails

• 005.JPG
  • 006.JPG
  • 007.JPG
  • 008.JPG
  • 004.JPG

• Gtractor, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 4 others have said thanks

#2 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,396 Thanks
  • 1,532 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:40 PM

Nice, can't wait to see it in person. 

#3 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:41 PM

Nice, can't wait to see it in person. 

Think you'll make it down tomorrow?

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:41 PM

That will be a nice tractor when done.  Did you get the hood with it?  If you find the serial number, please post it and we'll be able to tell you the year exactly.  My guess is a 69 or 70.  73 would be a real stretch but it's not completely out of the question though highly unlikely  72 was the transition year where you will find both short hood (yours) and long hood models produced at the same time.  There could be a stray 73 looking like that but I really doubt it.  Model is simply "Power King".  This was a time where the number system still wasn't in effect, however, 2414 does describe it better.  Good luck with your new toy.

• Alc and LTD have said thanks

#5 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,396 Thanks
  • 1,532 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:44 PM

Think you'll make it down tomorrow?

Long as the weather/roads are ok, I'll text you if anything changes.

• LTD said thank you

#6 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • Member No: 72357
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:45 PM

Heres my 73 or 74 2414. Big difference in styling. Good luck, fun little rig for sure. Any attachments? Why did u buy it, do u have a job for it?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150624_204705.jpg

• LTD said thank you

#7 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:57 PM

That will be a nice tractor when done.  Did you get the hood with it?  If you find the serial number, please post it and we'll be able to tell you the year exactly.  My guess is a 69 or 70.  73 would be a real stretch but it's not completely out of the question though highly unlikely  72 was the transition year where you will find both short hood (yours) and long hood models produced at the same time.  There could be a stray 73 looking like that but I really doubt it.  Model is simply "Power King".  This was a time where the number system still wasn't in effect, however, 2414 does describe it better.  Good luck with your new toy.

Great info. Thanks. No serial tag on it. Didn't come with a hood. What would the hood look like on this model?

#8 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:59 PM

Heres my 73 or 74 2414. Big difference in styling. Good luck, fun little rig for sure. Any attachments? Why did u buy it, do u have a job for it?

Wanted a 24" wheel PK for a while. Got a good deal on it. Goingto put a 3 point on it and move my junk around.

• Alc said thank you

#9 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 10:08 PM

[quote name="LTD" post="658306" timestamp="1456714749"]

Wanted a 24" wheel PK for a while. Got a good deal on it. Goingto put a 3 point on it and move my junk around.[/quote

You may run into problems with this plan. It doesn't look as if your tractor is set up for a three point. There should be a thick vertical bar on each side attached to the final drive covers. These bars would be where your lower arms connect. They go straight down at the axle center. Going by fading memory here
  • LTD said thank you

#10 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • Member No: 72357
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 10:18 PM

[quote name="David Brown" post="658312" timestamp="1456715328"][quote name="LTD" post="658306" timestamp="1456714749"]
Wanted a 24" wheel PK for a while. Got a good deal on it. Goingto put a 3 point on it and move my junk around.[/quote

You may run into problems with this plan. It doesn't look as if your tractor is set up for a three point. There should be a thick vertical bar on each side attached to the final drive covers. These bars would be where your lower arms connect. They go straight down at the axle center. Going by fading memory here[/quote]

Looks just like my 3pt setup
  • LTD said thank you

#11 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 10:18 PM

[quote name="LTD" post="658306" timestamp="1456714749"]

You may run into problems with this plan. It doesn't look as if your tractor is set up for a three point. There should be a thick vertical bar on each side attached to the final drive covers. These bars would be where your lower arms connect. They go straight down at the axle center. Going by fading memory here

They are there. Can't really see them in the pictures.

#12 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 10:24 PM

They are there. Can't really see them in the pictures.

I made the picture bigger and I can see a piece of one of the bars now. You are good to go. Good luck.
  • LTD said thank you

#13 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 08:13 AM

Great info. Thanks. No serial tag on it. Didn't come with a hood. What would the hood look like on this model?

Here is one I found on the web that shows the hood.

Economy hood.jpg

• Alc and LTD have said thanks

#14 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 08:29 AM

Hood?  Hood is on it in My pictures!  What you guys looking at?  Time to shop ebay!  Lots of stuff for PK's on there.  Lot at tractor swaps too, just go to some and look around.  I was wondering on hood as it has a screen over where the pulley should be coming thru and no pulley mounted then. Thot that was standard cept when had electric pto, but then again that was longer hood. What gives on that?

#15 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 09:25 AM

Hood?  Hood is on it in My pictures!  What you guys looking at?  Time to shop ebay!  Lots of stuff for PK's on there.  Lot at tractor swaps too, just go to some and look around.  I was wondering on hood as it has a screen over where the pulley should be coming thru and no pulley mounted then. Thot that was standard cept when had electric pto, but then again that was longer hood. What gives on that?

That's the gas tank, not the hood.

• Alc said thank you