#17 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,037 Thanks
  • 1,128 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 09:25 PM

I've got no garage critters, besides the voles that hopefully have been eliminated after giving them the gas chamber today!

Anyway I know a guy who went and bought some kind of big lizard at a pet store, BUT you can't feed this reptile any old bug. It has to be fed "special" crickets that you also buy at that pet store---BUT those special crickets can't have plain ol' water while they are waiting to become lizard lunch---the crickets have to have "special" water that you also buy at that pet store! I don't know why but I can hardly even type this without laughing much less telling someone about it. Maybe I'm the weird one!

An old stock car racing buddy of mine had a semi-wild garage cat. He would come in the shop and let you scratch him a little but he preferred to lay on a little rug on top the beer fridge and watch us work on the car. We figured out though that the poor critter loved to watch welding. When it would jump off the fridge a few times after a weld and would completely misjudge where the floor was, we decided that we better start running him off while welding!

Looks like a cool friend you have there Shane, keep us updated on him. Thanks for the pics and story!

DAC

• MH81, LilysDad, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#18 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 11:26 PM

as for a name i never thought of giving it 1 , with the cpr thing the lizard laid easily in my hand and with the other index finger gently pumped its side belly while it's head was down hill & every few pumps a bubble and a drop of water come out 

i was more concerned he would wake up and bite my finger or something , i was to give it 4 chances to to come back to life or it would have become food fodder for something else but the 4th round he become stable in breathing & survived then i laid him on a warm log in the sun till he recovered then off he went & been m8's ever since 

i would miss him if he was to vanish now , every monday when i get out there i turn the radio on in the shed so he knows i'm home   if i'm early enough in the day he comes out for an appearance other wise it's the next morning   ,

i always talk to him so he knows i'm not going to spook him by mistake , what really surprised me is for far he can drop without hurting himself when getting a insect or bug ect and how he lays there with his back legs spread out like a dog getting cool looks so comical .

I normally call him Dragon Boy when i talk to him though so that will become his name i think 

Shane 

• MH81, KennyP, MFDAC and 4 others have said thanks

#19 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 11:27 PM

& ty all for the pet pic's  and pet stories , they are interesting to hear aswell 

Shane 

• propane1 said thank you

#20 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 11:30 PM

How big will he get?

& m8 if it gets that big over night im shifting camp to your neighbourhood ya'll got more fire power than i do 

Shane

• MH81, KennyP, bh115577 and 1 other said thanks

#21 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 02:24 AM

UPDATE

it is absolutely astounding how fast you can move your hand when necessary like i had too  

P8020075.JPG Especially when i go to turn the radio on in the shed and glance to make sure i was on the power button then realise there's something brown on it 2 " away( was nearly dark at the time )just got home from the city  

P8020076.JPG i nearly left my wrist & hand behind when i snatched it back out the way , then to realise it was only the lizard asleep on it

Shane

Edited by holdenboy1960, March 19, 2016 - 02:25 AM.

• MH81, KennyP, Cvans and 4 others have said thanks

#22 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,123 Thanks
  • 3,208 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 05:20 AM

Hehe, that's funny.

Noel
  • holdenboy1960 said thank you

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 05:27 AM

That's right, you live in the land where 99% of everything is poisonous.
Good reaction times would be a plus.
You'll have to chew him out for scaring you, bet he won't have much to say for himself.
  • KennyP and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#24 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 07:11 AM

geese Guys , not everything is poisonous about 60% maybe , but as for going crackers at him i was more relieved to know what it was than anything , so i just left him there in peace just couldn't have music without scaring the life out of it 

Shane

Edited by holdenboy1960, March 19, 2016 - 07:13 AM.

• MH81, KennyP and propane1 have said thanks

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 07:41 AM

geese Guys , not everything is poisonous about 60% maybe , but as for going crackers at him i was more relieved to know what it was than anything , so i just left him there in peace just couldn't have music without scaring the life out of it

Shane

I loosely got that from this story,

Dear Justin,
In my country, terawatt globes are reserved for police helicopter chases and warning sailors of hazardous shoals. This is despite the fact that practically every living creature there can kill you in under three minutes. Our primary spoken language is screaming.

Still makes me laugh.
http://www.27bslash6.com/halogen.html
  • oldedeeres, holdenboy1960 and MGP59DB have said thanks

#26 MGP59DB ONLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,040 Thanks
  • 525 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 07:59 AM

When I put a new roof on my garage , I decided it might be cool to make a 'Birdhouse' Cupola , well these past 2 years a grey Squirrel (black) has decided the upper floor would be a nice place to raise children .

front2.jpg

• KennyP and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#27 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 08:13 AM

lmao @ the link to the spot light facing the b/room , but do you people have any problems with squirrels & Bringing in ticks , lice & such when they camp in the buildings 

how aggressive are the squirrels ?

Shane 

• MH81 said thank you

#28 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 670 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 08:29 AM

lmao @ the link to the spot light facing the b/room , but do you people have any problems with squirrels & Bringing in ticks , lice & such when they camp in the buildings

how aggressive are the squirrels ?

Shane

I guess it depends on how big of a stick you are holding...

That's how it works with 75% of stuff here...

Edited by Greasy6020, March 19, 2016 - 08:30 AM.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#29 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,397 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 08:35 AM

Squirrels in an attic can be multiple problems. Normally they're more a nuisance. I developed a relationship with a Rocky the squirrel around 1982. He would come up and watch me work in the yard, garage, driveway, etc... He got very close so I gave him a cracker, which he ate by nibbling the corners then spinning it so fast it just seemed to disappear. Within a week or so, if we weren't up and giving him crackers, nuts, whatever, he'd get on the back storm door screen and shake it so hard it sounded like someone knocking. I would sit at the picnic table and he'd come sit directly in front of me on the table. He found a mate and brought her with him after that, but she would only get within 20' or so. He'd follow me around the yard like a puppy, sit in the doorway of the garage while I worked on cars and just generally hung around waiting for the next snack. If I didn't see him I could call his name or whistle and he'd show up in seconds. Went on for a couple of years, then we moved away. I hope someone else adopted the old boy.

• MH81, KennyP, Cvans and 3 others have said thanks

#30 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,336 Thanks
  • 28,645 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 07:37 PM

Squirrels, when healthy, aren't aggressive.  If one is, it means it's sick and needs to be dispatched to Squirrel Heaven.

They can get distemper and rabies, but not prevalent.  

What's meaner than that and a bit of a worry with sickness and meanness are Raccoons.

A big Mamma Coon can tear up almost anything but a shotgun.  

Big coons have brought down full sized hunting dogs, even Pitt Bulls.

They don't fight unless sick or cornered, but if they are either, you wont ever forget the next few minutes. 

• KennyP, propane1, holdenboy1960 and 1 other said thanks