Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Sorry I have been MIA..getting a new house!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:13 PM

Some time back we found out our current house was infested with mold..and I came real close to loosing my heath insurance over it..we had a friend that posted us a Go Fund me so we could afford a down payment on a new Mobile home to put on our land(still really no Idea who set it up)...since then another friend signed for us a bank loan so the interest would be lower..and folks gave up almost $3000 toward a down payment(Facebook friends I have never met for the most part)..Today our loan was approved and we went and picked out the colors and flooring for our new home..its not going to be new..but referebed to be like new..I will post some photos when I figure out how...LOL

• Bud, Gtractor, MH81 and 11 others have said thanks

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:18 PM

I have COPD and have had 2 strokes is why I almost lost my insurance BTW.

• hamman, KennyP, JDBrian and 3 others have said thanks

#3 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:21 PM

I was raised to pay cash for everything..but when you need a new home that hurts you..I have good credit..but I have NO credit..thats not good in this day and time.

• Alc, hamman, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#4 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:30 PM

Glad to hear you are getting situated. Credit is such a weird thing. My ex wife messed me up with credit cards she had in my name that I didn't even know I had till they tracked me down 2 years later and wanted paid.

Finally got it back on track!

Read on building credit. You can do it without being in "debt". A Small limit credit card with the balanced kept below 50% with regular payments shows you have a history and responsible with it. I have a card with a 500 dollar limit. I keep the balance around 200 all the time and just buy internet stuff I want on it and pay it down. Plus your new home mortgage will go a long way too
  • Alc, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#5 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 7,653 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:49 PM

Good for you David! I'm glad things are working out for you and the little lady.

• boyscout862 and Auburn David have said thanks

#6 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:49 PM

Glad to hear you are getting situated. Credit is such a weird thing. My ex wife messed me up with credit cards she had in my name that I didn't even know I had till they tracked me down 2 years later and wanted paid.

Finally got it back on track!

Read on building credit. You can do it without being in "debt". A Small limit credit card with the balanced kept below 50% with regular payments shows you have a history and responsible with it. I have a card with a 500 dollar limit. I keep the balance around 200 all the time and just buy internet stuff I want on it and pay it down. Plus your new home mortgage will go a long way too

Some banks may not consider this enough, when I went for a loan to buy my truck, they gave me crap over a $2500 loan because the only credit I had was from a credit card, even though my score is over 700, ended up setting it up that they take a set amount out of my account from my paycheck in order to get my loan. 

• MH81 and Auburn David have said thanks

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 10:49 PM

David,
Glad to hear you're getting settled in again.
The kindness of strangers is something I've always been amazed by.
  • Auburn David said thank you

#8 Mtypython ONLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 255 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 05:29 AM

Luck with the new place and congrats

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,353 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 05:55 AM

Glad you are getting a better home to live in!

#10 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 06:56 AM

boy do I hate banks! homes where I live are very expensive, I built my own home, I went to the bank and all was well, asked about a loan, they checked my account, no problem, so I proceed to build my house , land is paid for, house is 75% up, I go back to the bank to get the loan I was promised and they give me the stupid look, I cant have the loan because I don't have all the house building money in the bank. WHAT THE F@#$ ! apparently I wasn't suppose to build the house with my money they were paying me 1 1/2% on I was suppose to borrow the whole amount at  7%, what a bunch of d@#$s, left me scrambling, I proceeded shortly after that to close my accounts that I had there for over 40 years, I will never do business with them again, royal bank of @!#$#@, I live in Canada if that isn't a big enough hint, anyways enjoy your new home, you should have an open house for us here on gtt.

• JDBrian and Auburn David have said thanks

#11 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 717 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 07:50 AM

Glad everything is working out for you. Maybe when you get settled in you will have time to get back to gt's that you enjoy.

#12 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 08:34 AM

boy do I hate banks! homes where I live are very expensive, I built my own home, I went to the bank and all was well, asked about a loan, they checked my account, no problem, so I proceed to build my house , land is paid for, house is 75% up, I go back to the bank to get the loan I was promised and they give me the stupid look, I cant have the loan because I don't have all the house building money in the bank. WHAT THE F@#$ ! apparently I wasn't suppose to build the house with my money they were paying me 1 1/2% on I was suppose to borrow the whole amount at  7%, what a bunch of d@#$s, left me scrambling, I proceeded shortly after that to close my accounts that I had there for over 40 years, I will never do business with them again, royal bank of @!#$#@, I live in Canada if that isn't a big enough hint, anyways enjoy your new home, you should have an open house for us here on gtt.

It's a different picture for banking in Canada then in the USA. Our system is highly regulated and dominated by a handful of big banks. They make huge profits every year and the service keeps going downhill while the fees keep going up. 

It seems much worse now than 30 years ago when I bought my first property. I gave up on the bank you mentioned a long time ago. You might try a Credit Union if you have one in your area. 

#13 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 08:49 AM

Banks really suck. Congrats on your new home

Edited by crittersf1, February 26, 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#14 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 10:01 AM

Glad to hear things are working out for you David.  I hope you and your bride enjoy your new home. :thumbs:

#15 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 10:37 AM

As bad as banks are..Mortgage Companys are crooks and cons..the interest rates they charge are out of this world and they dictate who you can and cant buy from..All this is new to me and its a odd setup to say the least.

• HDWildBill said thank you