#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 08:36 PM

I hope this thread doesn't get "locked", this is not a discussion on guns, I am just telling what happened today. 

My dad just called about a hour ago, he asked if I heard about the shooting at Heston KS (30 miles away) at the Excel Industries (Hustler mowers) factory? I turned on the news and they are saying 7 dead and over 30 have been shot. The shooter drove off and was later killed by cops. I know to many people that work there and I just can't believe this has happened. I am at their auction every year, everyone that works there is so nice, I don't know who would ever want to do something like this.

They said the shooter was a employee, I don't know why he wanted to kill other workers like him but I guess we will never know.

• hamman, Cvans, oldedeeres and 3 others have said thanks

#2 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 08:47 PM

Sad to hear this. I do know that there will be no words to explain the sadness this person had caused. Good people do bad things, bad people do bad things. that's just how life is. I saw this on Yahoo and discussed it with the wife. This affects everyone. I hope those who were wounded recover and their families find some peace, sending prayers. For those who lost their lives we send prayers and condolences. For those at Excel we send prayers and hope that they can recover from this. Sad all around for sure.                                                                                                                                                              Roger

• oldedeeres said thank you

#3 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:00 PM

Prayers for all involved. I can't even the imagine the pain this act has caught. The victims and families will have a hard road going forward.

The other side you never hear mentioned. The family of the person who did this act. I feel bad for them as well. What they will also have to go through as well. They may not be evil people but they will be made to be.
  • hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,676 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:57 PM

The worst thing is the media will make a big deal out of it, which just encourages other people who are having a bad life to do the same thing. I think it is practically immoral to glorify the idiots who do such a thing.

• Gtractor, MH81, grnspot110 and 4 others have said thanks

#5 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,538 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 10:48 PM

Sad to hear this. I do know that there will be no words to explain the sadness this person had caused. Good people do bad things, bad people do bad things. that's just how life is. I saw this on Yahoo and discussed it with the wife. This affects everyone. I hope those who were wounded recover and their families find some peace, sending prayers. For those who lost their lives we send prayers and condolences. For those at Excel we send prayers and hope that they can recover from this. Sad all around for sure.                                                                                                                                                              Roger

I saw it on Yahoo as well.

The worst thing is the media will make a big deal out of it, which just encourages other people who are having a bad life to do the same thing. I think it is practically immoral to glorify the idiots who do such a thing.

Couldn't agree more, also it sickens me to just reading the comments on the news sites, most are insensitive and any reasonable comments are immediately attacked.

• hamman, LilysDad and oldedeeres have said thanks

#6 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,538 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 10:50 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victim and their families as well as the family of the shooter as they will most likely be vilified for his actions.

• hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 05:44 AM

Sad news to hear! I may have known some of those folks. Have to look it up!

• hamman said thank you

#8 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 06:21 AM

Sad to hear.....I dont know what the solution to these shootings are, but they are all too common. 

• hamman said thank you

#9 crittersf1 ONLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 09:22 AM

Sad news. Another "gun free" zone

• Tecumseh power said thank you

#10 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,512 Thanks
  • 3,393 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 09:40 AM

Sad situation, so much tragedy. All gun free zones do is invite killers, knowing they have little to fear.

• grnspot110 said thank you

#11 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 12:26 PM

I read about it late last night online. I don't watch the news anymore because I got sick of all the liberal garbage. So sad that the workers had no way to protect themselves. 

• adamjd200 and Tecumseh power have said thanks

#12 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 12:27 AM

Sad news. Another "gun free" zone

Sad situation, so much tragedy. All gun free zones do is invite killers, knowing they have little to fear.

I read about it late last night online. I don't watch the news anymore because I got sick of all the liberal garbage. So sad that the workers had no way to protect themselves. 

Notice the directions for this thread

I hope this thread doesn't get "locked", this is not a discussion on guns, I am just telling what happened today.

• KennyP and toppop52 have said thanks

#13 crittersf1 ONLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 08:11 AM

Look at the common denominator when this crap happens, what's it tell you?

#14 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,567 Thanks
  • 3,950 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 08:19 AM

The common denominator that I found in many incidents. Is that the perpetrator has been emotionally hurt. And finally reacts in an irrational way. May we all remember to be kind to those around us. It could be a turning point in some one's life. God bless.
  • BTS said thank you