#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 10:01 AM

me that we got about 8" of snow overnight and I have to blow and plow it today. For some reason my computer will not allow my pictures to be up loaded to sites!!!???? Can't post on FB or on the site here. Not sure about the cause but I will look into it. This snow comes right in the middle (three weeks now) of having upper respiratory and sinus infection. The good news is that the plow truck I use (neighbor"s) is heated and dry and comfy, the bad news is that our Jacobsen ( Ed) with the snowblower doesn't have a cab on it. It never fails that when I blow the wind switches and it blows back on me and gets me soaked. Today I'm going to use my hunting suit to cover up with and a pair of goggles over my glasses with hood under my hat. The wife will take some pics but I will not guarantee that they will be able to be uploaded. If you got some snow and are out playing in it good for you for the seat time and having a little fun. I'll be off from here soon to plow a couple of neighbors drives and then back to mine to plow the side yard and blow the front drive. Have a great day everyone. At least we awoke to another day and are alive to enjoy it.
P.S. To all those on here that were in the path of the destructive weather in the last couple of days, Our Prayers and Thoughts are with you. Good luck and May God Bless. Roger
  • JimD, Gtractor, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,101 Thanks
  • 3,194 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 11:49 AM

Use the plow truck as much as you can, stay out of cold.

Noel
  • hamman said thank you

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 04:27 PM

Times like that, I use the tractor for one big fast clearing and come out later when nicer for the smaller stuff and clean-up!  I would use the truck then for main path, do the other later. If you are getting same weather as IN, it is supposed to be 40's and 50's this week-end. THEN you go out and attack!

Just a note on weather, we got about Nothing here. Sorta snowed thru night, but now next afternoon is kinda melted away, but windy as all get out again. We never got any of that big stuff here below Ft. Wayne. They were supposed to get more above, haven't seen the weather report on that. The big snow for the day isn't here, not sure what happened there.  OH, well, no seat time here for me! :dancingbanana:

• hamman said thank you

#4 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,094 Thanks
  • 1,195 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 04:51 PM

I for one believe you.  We got snow / freezing rain in Southwestern Ontario along with a nice strong wind.  Had 12" - 14" in the laneway this morning when I blew it and it was filling in about as fast as I was blowing it out - not complaining we have gotten off lucky this year compared with other winters.  Look after your health and don't worry - it will work out.

• limebuzz and hamman have said thanks

#5 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 05:27 PM

We always believe you, Roger. Please believe me that today we had a foggy morning, then sunshine and some snowshowers, + 6 °C in the afternoon - we call it Aprilwetter ( april weather).

• hamman said thank you

#6 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 05:38 PM

Stay in the warm and dry plow truck and get well.

At my age I call any snow fall over 4 inch's HEART ATTACK snow and the shovel don't get touched.

• hamman said thank you

#7 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 11:29 AM

Finally got the site / IP / Computer or ME to allow a upload of dome pictures. Here are a few of the snow we got and how ED handled it. About 10 -12 depending where the wind blew it. I found that the bolts on the attachment plate for the blower came loose and one was gone completely. Had to remove the blower to replace the bolts. When I first noticed the problem I was having a problem with the chute actuator handle it kept hitting the hood and wouldn't rotate with out pulling it back towards me. Then the blower belt came off and wouldn't stay on. That's when I had to stop and look at it again. (DUH!!) Should of looked at it closer the first time I put the belt back on. Operates as it should now and ready to go. Thanks for all the info and comments. Have a good week.            Roger

DSCF0810.JPG

DSCF0813.JPG

DSCF0822.JPG

• limebuzz, KennyP, oldedeeres and 3 others have said thanks

#8 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,101 Thanks
  • 3,194 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 11:44 AM

Wow, lots of snow. This is what it looks like here today. Not bad for the end of February. But it's not over yet.

Noel

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• limebuzz, hamman, Bill 76 and 1 other said thanks

#9 det12187 OFFLINE  

det12187
  • Member No: 75145
  • 22 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 12:03 PM

Looks like round two today, 2-6 inches forcasted. In like a Lion I guess. Homelite you might

want to put a wind shield on your tractor. I did one for my Dad, 1/2 inch conduit frame and lexan.

Steve

• hamman said thank you

#10 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 02:09 PM

Looks like round two today, 2-6 inches forcasted. In like a Lion I guess. Homelite you might

want to put a wind shield on your tractor. I did one for my Dad, 1/2 inch conduit frame and lexan.

Steve

Been thinking just that. I do get it in the face but the worst is when it blows back and gets on the legs and melts and gets them wet. Thanks.                    Roger