• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 770 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:40 AM

I started to restore this simplicity to for my own personal use. After driving it around a bit it started aggravating an old knee injury. I need something with a left side clutch/brake. I have since got me a couple of sears suburbans and they are very comfy for my old bones. I'll trade for either parts for my sears or attachments. 

You can check out my craigslist ad for more details 

https://maine.craigs...451708188.html 

Forgot to mention in the Ad that I also have a spare BGB for this tractor as well that goes with it and a mule drive.

20151130_101241.jpg

I'll take some better photos , just been very busy lately  

• MH81 and billievd16 have said thanks

#2 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:50 AM

What kind of parts are you looking for

#3 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 770 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 10:57 AM

I am not picky .....just switched over to sears suburbans and for my ease and convenience just want to have sears stuff instead. Any fair trade for any sears stuff will be accepted.

I have 1968 ss12 Manual and my wife has a 1968 ss12 hydro-track we are restoring and plan on using for winter duty. The manual has a plow on it so something on the rear would be sweet to add weight , was thinking of a 3 point and a grader blade.  My wife prefers a snow blower and I have the 39" blower for hers, but I would take another blower. Would also take a good engine and seats or wheel weights....like I said I am not picky if its a fair deals for something that I may use for something I know I am not going to use I am happy with it. I have a few things I can add in or take out I am willing to work with anyone that has interest and is convenient to trade with. 

I have a wheel horse c-120  and a simplicity 3415H we are using now as well for summer and winter duty but plan to use them in the summer only and sears in the winter so I don't have to swap attachments. I have about everything I need for the two summer tractors but would take a tiller for the C-120 or the 3415H or even the sears. A garden tiller would excite me a lot we have a hand held or a hold on to as I call it  that we been doing our garden with but would love to use any garden tractor instead. 

20160115_124413.jpg

• warrior120 said thank you

#4 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 01:13 PM

I have a good motor, but I don't think it would be economical to ship, they weigh like 90 lbs

#5 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 770 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 06:03 PM

I also happen to have 2 spare 12hp cast iron B&S engines for the simplicitys. One of them I know I need to keep for my 3415 as a spare, but I could part with one of them if someone wanted it as a trade for something. the other is a spare for the 3212 that I am offering. 

I would like to avoid shipping, I would be willing to meet someone in the middle if they were with in a reasonable distance. 

Hey guys if your reading this and have sears suburban stuff but no interest in what I have....I do buy stuff thats how I got all this stuff to begin with so feel free to let me know what you got!  

• limebuzz said thank you

#6 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 770 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted March 07, 2016 - 11:09 AM

Took a few photos today.....could not get it out from under cover easily  so sorry for the bad lighting.

20160307_100829.jpg

Forgot to mention its got a rear sleeve hitch 

20160307_105109.jpg

20160307_105048.jpg

20160307_104818.jpg

#7 BolensG10man OFFLINE  

BolensG10man
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 51184
  • 37 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:12 AM

where are you located?

#8 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 770 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:54 AM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I am in Maine.

I come to the conclusion that I want this this gone....Breaking it down into lil pieces and scattering it all over the place 

If anyone would like something speak up before I list things on ebay ...with their fees the prices go up. 

I am not attached to this tractor by no means, just want to get back some of what I spent and make room for my new sears. 

20150908_095212.jpg

#9 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 770 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted April 05, 2016 - 03:31 PM

Just sold it today , was happy and sad to see her drive away in the back of a pick up truck. She is gone to a good home and I have invited him to join these forums for help,parts, or talk. He got the tractor, mower deck, and a bunch of misc. parts and traded me a pistol and 100.00.

At first I didn't want the offer  but his email stood out to me. With the way he was so kind about his offer as I could tell he has sent this same offer to others before. He has a real bad itch for a "garden tractor" that he could use to mow with for now and eventually fix up and get other attachments for in the future. He stated in his email that he wanted a Simplicity so here I was thinking geee I have a tractor I don't want and cant drive it needs a bit to restore still and have shifted my passion to having Sears Suburbans instead so what the heck its a fair offer I'll take it. 

As we got to talking (several hours) we are hitting it off. I am showing him what I know about the tractor and where I got with it , pointing out things in needs, decided not to be stingy and gave him as much spare parts as I could think he may need like an extra starter gen, updraft carb parts, extra bevel gear box, new battery etc. 

Now I know I didn't get the best of deals here as far as money value is concern....but this was one of the best deals I have made.  I now have a place to put another tractor and a better way to protect it. I also get to know that my project has move on to someone that "really" appreciates it. He reminded me of me when I got the tractor I feel he is gong to finish it off and put the old girl back to work. Funny thing is he has a bad left knee so this will be perfect for him.

Anyway thank you for allowing me to advertise this tractor here hope you enjoy the story of the sale as well as gain a new tractor member. 

Have not sold anything that has been listed on this site before ....Do you site moderators do that for us? or can someone tell me how to I can't find it...

#10 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 05, 2016 - 03:54 PM

John, i marked it SOLD for you. You can also do it by going to "full editor", then everything is open for you to see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sold