• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • Member No: 61764
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 09:41 PM

Boy, that brings back memories for me as well! I too was 8 years old when I drove my first tractor. It was a bit bigger though. It was a 1943 John Deere B. Dad would bale hay on the ground, the bales weighed more than I did at the time. So my job was to drive the B and hay wagon through the field so dad could throw the bales on the wagon and Mom and my older sister could stack them. Nowadays no one was to lay hands on a bale. The tractors do all the work. Those were the days!
  • blackjackjakexxix, AA Hayes and accidentalchild have said thanks

#17 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • Member No: 68112
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 11:43 PM

Boy, that brings back memories for me as well! I too was 8 years old when I drove my first tractor. It was a bit bigger though. It was a 1943 John Deere B. Dad would bale hay on the ground, the bales weighed more than I did at the time. So my job was to drive the B and hay wagon through the field so dad could throw the bales on the wagon and Mom and my older sister could stack them. Nowadays no one was to lay hands on a bale. The tractors do all the work. Those were the days!

thanks for sharing that memory , I was picturing it in my head the hole time and smiling. I bet your dad felt the same way I did seeing my boy work. He made me very proud.
  • blackjackjakexxix, Tbrooks and AA Hayes have said thanks

#18 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 11:05 PM

Yes start em young! Here's a picture of me at I think 3 months old on dads 1st bolens circa mid 1983

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1455813531092.jpg

• Bolens 1000, LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and 1 other said thanks

#19 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 10:07 AM

You know how it goes, first your tractor then the keys to your car or truck!  :rolling: :poke:   As said it is good to see a young man our doing something constructive instead of play on electronics.  You have something to be proud of for sure.  Thanks for sharing.

• blackjackjakexxix and accidentalchild have said thanks

#20 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • Member No: 68112
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 02:05 PM

The first time I got to drive a riding mower was in my Early 30's and my first garden tractor was last year when I bought the 1476. I grew up in S.E Alaska and don't recall ever seeing one as a kid.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you