4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 07:50 AM

A week ago we bought new carpeting for our living room.  Carpet place uses private layers to do the work so they charge extra to remove and dispose of the old carpet.  Son wanted the old carpet so decided to save some $$ and move all the furniture out and remove the old carpeting our selves.  Did half at a time.  First half came out Sunday Morning.  Watched the race, then Monday tied into the rest.  Did my knees hate be by the time I was done getting all the old padding stuffs with staples pulled out.  Had to so some tapering with cedar shingle due to a tapered floor joist when the house was built 32 years ago.  Had to bring the carpeting floor up to match the Laminate flooring I laid 3 years ago.  Yesterday they laid the carpet is a couple hours, 45 sq.yds. with 3 large cutout, one circular.  Most of the furniture is back in the living room again.  Now have some barn boards to put on 2 short walls on each side of a large double window, mainly to cover up some more paneling that was popular 30-40 years ago.  At least I wont be on my knees much today and the cook is tickled pink.  When she is happy, I am happy.

• Gtractor, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 9 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 08:21 AM

Just be sure you clean the shoes off before traipsing across the carpet!

• Alc said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,625 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 12:20 PM

And no more engine rebuilds in the living room...

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 01:28 PM

Have separate "house" shoes now.  ALL the tools had to go to the shop.  Have to use left over carpet I guess/

#5 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,866 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 02:45 PM

What is your shop flooring? We have always used "area" rugs made of discarded rug pieces in the shop. Much easier on the feet, when dirty you don't feel bad about junking them, dropped parts don't roll away under the bench but tend to stay where they land, rug protects the main flooring, etc. etc. Any chunks of carpet your son doesn't want might be handy for you to utilize this way. I know I'm well on my way to being a hoarder, but I sure hate to throw potentially useful stuff out.
  • Gtractor, KennyP and HANKG have said thanks