• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 09:59 PM

so let me ask this, what do you do with a family tractor like this. we have 2 of our grandfathers in storage. do you do full restoration or just get it running again and leave it as is?
  • MikeTheGardenTractorGuy said thank you

#17 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 07:59 PM

I noticed that on the rear of your grandfather's White , the " WHITE" decal on the rear of the seat is actually from the 74 to 76 MTD built models.Your grandfather must have shopped at a White dealer,did he have any other White stuff?
  • MikeTheGardenTractorGuy said thank you

#18 MikeTheGardenTractorGuy OFFLINE  

MikeTheGardenTractorGuy
  • Member No: 80760
  • 88 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:48 AM

so let me ask this, what do you do with a family tractor like this. we have 2 of our grandfathers in storage. do you do full restoration or just get it running again and leave it as is?

I can't tell you what to do with yours, but I plan to clean it up and get it mechanically sound for now. Eventually I would like to restore it back to new. So I guess I don't really have an answer other than, maybe a bit of both? 

#19 MikeTheGardenTractorGuy OFFLINE  

MikeTheGardenTractorGuy
  • Member No: 80760
  • 88 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:51 AM

I noticed that on the rear of your grandfather's White , the " WHITE" decal on the rear of the seat is actually from the 74 to 76 MTD built models.Your grandfather must have shopped at a White dealer,did he have any other White stuff?

I know he got a snow blade with the tractor when he first bought it, but that was gone long before me because he never used it to plow. I wasn't aware that MTD had white with that style tractor.

#20 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 03:57 AM

White used Jacobsen for the Molines til 69', 70 was the blue and white town and country, 72 were the Olivers, 73 red White town and country that sold in Canada. From 74 to the end in 85  they were MTD built.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: white 110