6 replies to this topic

#1 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 10:10 PM

I found this for sale on CL yesterday and decided to go take a look it at. For some reason I though I needed another tractor lol. So toady I took a drive and brought it home.

The tractor was bought new by the sellers grandpa and he was selling it for his grandma so you could call it a one owner machine, at least until today that is. I was told it last ran 2 years ago and has since been parked in a heated garage. The tractor is good condition and almost all original aside from some small parts and tires. It came with a nice mower deck and a snow plow.

For know it's going to sit in our storage shed then when I get some time I'll get it running again. The plan is to give it a good bath and keep the tractor as original as possible.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC04822.JPG
  • DSC04823.JPG
  • DSC04824.JPG
  • DSC04825.JPG
  • DSC04826.JPG
  • DSC04827.JPG
  • DSC04828.JPG
  • DSC04829.JPG
  • DSC04830.JPG
  • DSC04831.JPG
  • DSC04832.JPG

• Gtractor, MH81 and Traill95 have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 10:28 PM

Looks nice Matt.
Glad you're keeping it original
  • farmerall said thank you

#3 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,634 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 10:49 PM

Thats a good original tractor.  Nice find!

#4 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 663 Thanks
  • 405 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 11:30 PM

Looks very nice Matt. I picked one up today also.

Mike

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,308 Thanks
  • 2,340 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 11:41 PM

That's a nice clean 68.Wouldn't mind having that one she's a looker.Doesn't look like the deck was used that much.

The oil around the head doesn't look so good but that's fixable.

My custom 10E had a bit of oil around the head.Head bolts were pretty loose.Guessing it happened because it was running really lean due to a messed up carb.Rings were pretty worn so I threw a new set of rings in it and a good used connecting rod and shimmed up the crank.She ran like a new one afterwards.Before it was pretty hard to start and smoked a bit till it was warmed up.

Walbro LME carbs are a pain in the butt to clean btw.Takes me a good 3 hours to get them perfectly clean.It's a bit easier if you can strip it down and boil them with a bit of degreaser.Something that won't foam up.1/2 cup of Lemon juice or 2 tbl spoons of Oxi Clean detergent additive works really good.

#6 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 09:27 AM

nice grab.

Like your storage  :thumbs:   I see another orange and white one hanging out in there. :D

#7 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 07:32 PM

Looks very nice Matt. I picked one up today also.

Mike

What did you find?

That's a nice clean 68.Wouldn't mind having that one she's a looker.Doesn't look like the deck was used that much.

The oil around the head doesn't look so good but that's fixable.

My custom 10E had a bit of oil around the head.Head bolts were pretty loose.Guessing it happened because it was running really lean due to a messed up carb.Rings were pretty worn so I threw a new set of rings in it and a good used connecting rod and shimmed up the crank.She ran like a new one afterwards.Before it was pretty hard to start and smoked a bit till it was warmed up.

Walbro LME carbs are a pain in the butt to clean btw.Takes me a good 3 hours to get them perfectly clean.It's a bit easier if you can strip it down and boil them with a bit of degreaser.Something that won't foam up.1/2 cup of Lemon juice or 2 tbl spoons of Oxi Clean detergent additive works really good.

I'm hoping the carb will be ok on this one. It looks like  the tractor was ran out of gas before it was parked.

nice grab.

Like your storage  :thumbs:   I see another orange and white one hanging out in there. :D

The other Suburban 12 is my brother's, he has a SS16 in there too.

• TAHOE said thank you