• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 L.Fure OFFLINE  

L.Fure
  • Member No: 80764
  • 66 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 03:05 PM

I'm still  puzzling over what might be wrong with the throttle on my 444. It started out like this; I would advance the throttle lever about a third of the way before it would come off of the idle. Then it would go directly into full engine speed. This morning I adjusted the length of the throttle wire, and now it responds much quicker, but I still don't have to advance it much farther to go into full speed. Does this sound like a governor out of adjustment, or could it be that the spring is in the wrong set of holes?   

#2 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 988 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 04:16 PM

Do you have any slop in the linkage on the engine side? Also if the cable or linkage is to tight it will stick and when it let's go it will sometimes advance to full throttle. You could also try lubricating your cables.
  • L.Fure said thank you

#3 L.Fure OFFLINE  

L.Fure
  • 66 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 04:20 PM

Do you have any slop in the linkage on the engine side? Also if the cable or linkage is to tight it will stick and when it let's go it will sometimes advance to full throttle. You could also try lubricating your cables.

There doesn't seem to be any slop in any of the linkage, and the cable moves freely.

#4 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 988 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 04:40 PM

Have you rebuilt the carb lately? Not familiar with your set up but it may be hooked up improperly. You should check the manual against your throttle set up and see if it is hooked up as required, it would also be good to check the governor setting as you mentioned.
  • L.Fure said thank you

#5 L.Fure OFFLINE  

L.Fure
  • 66 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Have you rebuilt the carb lately? Not familiar with your set up but it may be hooked up improperly. You should check the manual against your throttle set up and see if it is hooked up as required, it would also be good to check the governor setting as you mentioned.

The engine was supposed to be rebuilt a few years before I bought the tractor. It very well could be hooked up wrong, or have the wrong spring on it. I'm going to make a short video of the carb linkage in action tomorrow sometime. I bet once you see it work you could pinpoint the problem. I know it's hard to diagnose something without seeing it.

#6 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 988 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 07:50 PM

Yes a picture would work I don'thave the bandwidth to watch videos in the woods where I live, we only operate on satellite. But a few pics would probably do the trick, or a video for someone else.

#7 L.Fure OFFLINE  

L.Fure
  • 66 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 02:54 PM

Yes a picture would work I don'thave the bandwidth to watch videos in the woods where I live, we only operate on satellite. But a few pics would probably do the trick, or a video for someone else.

It's too gloomy out to take good pictures today. When the weather clears I'll check the governor adjustment. If that doesn't clear up the trouble I'll be back with a few pictures. 

• Eric said thank you