Garden Tractor Forums banner

Today's little project (Brinly plow resto)

972 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  easternharvest 
#1 ·
Last night wen I was at dads digging out a deck for my newly aquired Bolens H14 I grabbed the old Brinly too.

Today I decided to tear it apart and clean and paint it. I used krylon super maxx in Ivory and rustoleum professional gloss black.

It didn't turn out perfect but I think it ot a much needed improvement. If it was perfect I probably would not want to put it in the dirt. I also finally got to put the stickers on that I picked up from Daniel about 5 years ago.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Great looking plow. Did you polish it up good before you painted it so it would scour? If not take it to a farmers field that don't care if you turn the ground a little and start in. Give you some seat time and work at getting it cleaned up. Bring a big putty knife with you as the first hour you will be scraping a lot of stuck dirt off, unless you have some real sandy soil. A plow works the best when they shine like chrome. Good luck.

Reactions: sacsr and MNGB
#6 ·
Hi the plow looks like new again, I did mine a few yrs ago didn't have decals for but was able to save the old ones, and that reminds me I should fabricate a 3 pt hitch adapter for mine to use with the Power King.

Hey chieffan, good advise sounds like you have experience in the plowing department, mine was pretty rust when I got it shined it up with a sander and then took it to a grave pit to put a better polish on it work good now.

#7 ·
I did sand and wire brush it, just put paint on if to protect it right now. Need to find some Sandy dry stuff to get it polished up.

Reactions: limebuzz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.