Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

MF 10/12 Prototype? or Demonstrator? or Industrial?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 06:48 PM

I came across something in the last few days, it throws everything I know about the 10/12 on its ass. I was hoping someone here had worked at the Des Moines, Iowa plant back in the day or had been there at the time the 10/12 were being built.

Apparently, there was 1 or possibly more used around the plant. It was different then the standard issue 10/12 as it was painted yellow and white? I'm not going to say anything else for fear of public ridicule. Who knows what, speak up, I was at the massey dealer today and the books showed nothing....:confuse:

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 07:29 PM

one of these?
Lawn & Garden Tractors Photo

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 08:04 PM

Yep, likely an "Executive".

#4 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 10:52 PM

one of these?
Lawn & Garden Tractors Photo

I tried that link and it didn't seem to work. I want to see your picture though! I know very little about the executive models. I assumed the only ones which were painted yellow were the little models up to 8HP or so?

So, how rare is a 10/12 executive?

#5 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 19, 2010 - 11:48 PM

I tried that link and it didn't seem to work. I want to see your picture though! I know very little about the executive models. I assumed the only ones which were painted yellow were the little models up to 8HP or so?

So, how rare is a 10/12 executive?

They didn't make a 10/12 Executive, only 7's and 8's. Massey, or someone may have painted a 10/12 yellow to look like the Massey industrial line, just for kicks or because they had the paint. I've seen Wards tractors painted JD colors, and people trying to sell them as JD's, I've seen different hoods and grilles put on different brands. There is absolutely no telling what some people will do, I saw a CL posting where a guy had a bunch of attachments for Case GT's for a 100 bucks, and said with a torch they could fit anything

#6 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 08:37 AM

I came across something in the last few days, it throws everything I know about the 10/12 on its ass. I was hoping someone here had worked at the Des Moines, Iowa plant back in the day or had been there at the time the 10/12 were being built.

Apparently, there was 1 or possibly more used around the plant. It was different then the standard issue 10/12 as it was painted yellow and white? I'm not going to say anything else for fear of public ridicule. Who knows what, speak up, I was at the massey dealer today and the books showed nothing....:confuse:

Do you have some pics of this machine. It does sound like an executive, made by Duro Corp.

#7 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 08:45 AM

Posted Image

#8 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 10:16 AM

I found the machine on Des Moines craigslist, there was no picture, the guy wanted $1200! I went back searching for it last night to try and get pictures and a serial number. I couldn't find it.

From what I have now looked at the executives were only built up to 8 HP. The 10/12 were released when MF cut out Duro Corporation.