• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MarksA-C OFFLINE  

MarksA-C
  • Member No: 77718
  • 153 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 12:20 AM

Very little use and dang near MINT Mead Speedcat R9.

Very clean condition, all original and not bashed up and hackjob repaired. The tracks were NOS new when he got it and shows almost no signs of use overall. Comes with the original manual as well.  It has been sitting for a few years, will run with very minor work.  Rubber grips, hoses, seat, everything looks GREAT!

Asking price is $5000
Near Milwaukee, WI

Can deliver for a fee (Within reason)

12717797_10206180731420932_2508877920328

12705193_10206180732140950_3317160617043

12742025_10206180731860943_9125891244982

12715815_10206180732420957_5187751103457

#2 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 01:01 AM

I have seen a few for around the fifteen to two thousand range running, I would normally not pay over two hundred for non functional equipment but seeing it is a crawler I would offer a thousand. Not to insult you but just what I am willing to offer. Quite a few JD and Chalmers small dozers in the area for fairly low prices now a days, far more capable machines. Good luck with the sale I would try small crawler and collector forums.

#3 MarksA-C OFFLINE  

MarksA-C
  • 153 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 01:27 AM

I appreciate your opinion and offer. 

I am selling it for a friend who is not computer savvy.  I've seen these range all over in price, a quick search online showed a range of prices with different conditions .  This one was prepared for storage and now that the weather is getting better we will be getting it running and moving.  It was driven in to place and parked 2-3 years ago and gas was drained. 

• 4tom said thank you

#4 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 01:39 AM

Well that's good to hear, my offer is always good if you just message me. Hope it works out for you and your friend. Just a little suggestion, the prepped community is always looking for small dozers and such, they think that they can use them to dig underground shelters without anyone's knowledge. They also pay a premium for equipment for no questions asked, if you buy into those sort of things. Not my cup of tea but you may get more money on a site that caters to those type of people even if they may be missing a few screws!

#5 MarksA-C OFFLINE  

MarksA-C
  • 153 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 09:33 PM

Truck was moved out of the way, We hope to have this beast running this week. 

Price dropped as well, asking $4000.

#6 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 565 Thanks
  • 628 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 11:08 PM

Fast spray job more than likely preventive measure for storage. Hope you get it running you might even want it for yourself. As you said looks well taken care of. Believe me if I had the spare cash I'd go for a long ride to pick up that little machine. Looks to be pristine shape and not older restore job.

• Cvans said thank you

#7 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 11:39 AM

So kool

#8 MarksA-C OFFLINE  

MarksA-C
  • 153 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 11:18 AM

It runs, driving video coming soon after we get a few trucks out of the way. 

#9 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,717 Thanks
  • 1,723 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 11:34 AM

I would buy that in a second, the problem is I don't even have a $100 to offer, really cool machine and I love that ripper on the back!

#10 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted May 28, 2016 - 03:48 AM

Hello, I was wondering if the small crawler is still for sale and if so is the price going down? Please PM me and let me know, we can work something out most likely. Eric.

#11 walking_tractor OFFLINE  

walking_tractor
  • Member No: 10087
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 11:58 AM

All-

I am now the proud new owner of this machine - it followed me home from Milwaukee in a dump trailer this weekend.  Thanks to Mark for getting it running for Rick after its long sit.  It's a beaut!  Rick and I thought we were going to have to ask Mark to make a "house call" to get it started on Sunday morning - until we thought to open the fuel shut-off on the sediment bowl!  It's the easy things that'll get ya'!

This machine was very lightly used in its working life.  The original owner was a mason who reportedly used it to lift steel beam into place when raising houses, and also cultivated his asparagus patch with the ripper - really.

I'll need to weld the dozer (snow pusher) blade a bit, and adjust the steering clutches so that the low range track clutches engage reliably, but it is, as Mark said, in near mint condition.  There are only a couple of fasteners which are not original, as best I can tell.  I've never seen a Speedcat in this original of condition.  It is truly remarkable.

Incidentally, if anyone has or can obtain photos of a Speedcat dozer blade rigged to use the lift arms for raising (and lowering) it, I'd be very grateful.  The manual shows a lift chain in the exploded view, but no obvious connection on either end of the chain to either the outside frame for the blade, or to the lift arms.  I can "cobble" something that will work, but I'd rather do it right.

Any tips on proper manipulation of the diverter valves (to switch from bucket curl to ripper control) would also be appreciated from those with direct experience.

If anyone has questions or needs details/dimensions/photos to restore their own machine, let me know.  I'll see what I can do, though my current primary recreational engineering task is to get a garage up before the weather turns (end of October, at the latest).  The Speedcat is slated for site-prep duties for a slab foundation, then assisting in raising a timber frame (if I can get it past the county building inspector's nose!).  Also, I won't engage in serious disemboweling of the machine just to get internal dimensions of the tranny or some such, unless I already need to tear it apart for another reason - there is work to be done and the maples are already starting to turn.  But, I'll attempt to honor reasonable requests, though perhaps in a less-than-timely fashion.  I hope you all understand.

I'll try to get the original manual scanned and posted on Scribd, too.  It's a bit stained, but I think I can get a legible scan put together for posterity.  It's a bit different from the scan that Mead will send when you inquire, so is probably worth having posted online.

Check my Scribd account for cleaned up advertising copy which lists the specs for the three variants of Speedcat - dozer, high-lift loader and tractor.  The text is still slightly muddled because the OCR software didn't properly recognize the justification in the original ad.  I'll try to do a bit more manual cleanup, and repost it - when I get a chance, later in the year.

https://www.scribd.c...wspaper-Ad-Copy

If anyone is "into" Allis-Chalmers or Simplicity tractors, PM me and I can pass on contact information for Rick. Mark would probably hook you up, too, though I don't want to volunteer him.  Rick is selling off most of his extensive collection - almost everything is stored in steel pole barns and under canvas, too.  Very clean, well-cared-for iron.  No, I did not see a Model G (just in case anyone was thinking of asking!).

WT

Edited by walking_tractor, August 08, 2016 - 12:02 PM.

• MarksA-C said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, mead speedcat dozer crawler