• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 dustnrust OFFLINE  

dustnrust
  • Member No: 30690
  • 9 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 11:27 PM

Can you post some photos of the tags?   If you wet them sometimes you can read the numbers better. 

Here's pics of two of them, I couldn't get at the other two right now without climbing over a ton of implements in the dark.

1250 serial no.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• Bolens Serial Number.JPG

#17 dustnrust OFFLINE  

dustnrust
  • 9 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 11:48 PM

The 2 you just got in NJ did they come from the estate sale that Sledgehammer here on the forum has been talking about

Sure did, The 1250 with the loader is a real survivor, other than an inch of dust, its not seen use in decades. I can't wait to put it to use. Its a twin to one I bought a few years ago. The second one is bare, no loader but both have 3pt hitches and a set of attachments. (Disc harrow, cultivator, dirt plow, snow plow, spike bucket, round bucket, and one rototiller. I also got all the tune up parts, filters, and belts I could find). I'm still unloading my trailer and digging through boxes here.

• LPBolens said thank you

#18 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 11:57 PM

Sure did, The 1250 with the loader is a real survivor, other than an inch of dust, its not seen use in decades. I can't wait to put it to use. Its a twin to one I bought a few years ago. The second one is bare, no loader but both have 3pt hitches and a set of attachments. (Disc harrow, cultivator, dirt plow, snow plow, spike bucket, round bucket, and one rototiller. I also got all the tune up parts, filters, and belts I could find). I'm still unloading my trailer and digging through boxes here.

Love to see some photos start a thread with photos....

• LPBolens said thank you

#19 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 08:41 AM

Can't wait to see pics,way to go

#20 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 10:28 AM

The tag off my 1250 is gone I have a manual that I got a manual with a serial number but I know it's not mine the manual came from the friends that live across the woods an my tractor came from up down so if u would like that other serial number I will give it to u but it's not mine. Before I was old enough to realize the difference between LF an TF I remember sitting on the one across the woods it was all the way in the back of their barn an I just knew it was like my grandfather's 850 but bigger so they sold it before I got to get it but the people that did buy it were going to restore it. I did get the snow plow though the people didn't want it I guess I have them a cat1 3pt blade for it

#21 dustnrust OFFLINE  

dustnrust
  • 9 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 10:30 AM

I'll post some pics once I get them all unloaded and cleaned up a bit.

Right now they're jammed in an enclosed trailer for safe keeping till I get more time to deal with them.

Are there any other points that help ID a 1250 as to which year or model they may be?

All of mine have white wheels, I know the first year had red wheels, the frame and dash towers are brown.

The loader frames are all painted red, but all appear to have been gold at one time.

It looks to me like the same person rigged all of these with their loaders, the one the seller still has is identical to the one I bought and the one I already had.

#22 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 01:11 PM

Yea and the first year the decals did not say hydrostatic along with red wheels mine had white wheels originally but they look better red just my opinion

#23 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 854 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 01:30 PM

I'll post some pics once I get them all unloaded and cleaned up a bit.

Before you do, it would also be cool to see some photos of them with the dust on them too. I know that probably sounds odd to some but it's fun to appreciate and document "barn finds" in the state they were found in before they're brought back into shining glory. :thumbs:

Edited by Austen, February 23, 2016 - 01:31 PM.

• LPBolens, Texas Deere and Horse, blackjackjakexxix and 1 other said thanks

#24 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 03:47 PM

Before you do, it would also be cool to see some photos of them with the dust on them too. I know that probably sounds odd to some but it's fun to appreciate and document "barn finds" in the state they were found in before they're brought back into shining glory. :thumbs:

I like your thinking,would be nice to see them as they were found
  • LPBolens and Austen have said thanks

#25 yardiron OFFLINE  

yardiron

• Member No: 2796
  • 23 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 08:38 AM

I've got a 1250 out back that's got a blank ID tag like the one's pictured above, Its got white wheels and a brown frame.

Any idea why they would have left the ID tags blank?

Maybe the info was put elsewhere on these models? The tag I'm looking at is under the hood just behind the motor.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#26 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 10:51 AM

Originally that tag had the Model No. and Serial No. on it, but in their infinite wisdom Bolens used a printed method that did not last. Over the course of the years of manufacturing, Bolens went from a stamped tag to a printed tag and then back to a stamped tag. Maybe they finally figured out the printed tag was a bad idea.

• wilberj, blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 1 other said thanks

#27 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 06:41 PM

All these post and no added numbers!  I know there more then a handful on here...... 

#28 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 07:56 PM

Did you happen check in the registry for any? Not certain how up to date it is, but maybe there are some.

#29 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 08:10 PM

Did you happen check in the registry for any? Not certain how up to date it is, but maybe there are some.

I did clean that out about a month ago.  But thanks for the suggestion.

• MH81 said thank you

#30 sledgehammer OFFLINE  

sledgehammer
  • Member No: 80817
  • 25 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 02:43 PM

The one I've got here with the loader has a blank decal too, the decal is clean and undamaged but blank.

Where the numbers stamped or printed on these decals? Maybe they got wiped off over the years?

I checked the parts pile and I've got four other panels with model numbers here from the last estate lot and none of those decals have any sign of number on them either.