#1 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 10:25 PM

Hi GTT, it had been about a year since my last visit to TSC and it had changed around some when we stopped in there today. It appears since Harbor Freight moved into town that they have a discount tool section to compete in a small scale. Some stuff HF doesn't have and very reasonably priced. I picked up a 2-pack of these little magnetiic lights for $4.99. They are so bright that it's blinding. I also grabbed a 42" flexible retriever magnet that also has the fingers for picking up what isn't magnetic. I had one of each before and this can do both! It was $6.99. Gonna go back now and then as TSC is much closer to our house than HF!

DAC

Attached Thumbnails

• TSC tools 005.jpg
  • TSC tools 001.jpg
  • TSC tools 002.jpg
  • TSC tools 003.jpg
  • TSC tools 004.jpg

• MH81, Alc, gopher and 5 others have said thanks

#2 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 11:53 PM

I really like those lights when I'm laying under something working. It's eaiser than dragging a trouble light around
  • Cvans, MFDAC and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#3 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,470 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 04:39 AM

the lights look like serious eye hurters , love the tiny jawed grabbers , they work wonders in tiny places , especially if dropping nuts & such around  engines manifolds & such 

when i mow the roadside i have a red flasher leadlight for the rear of my rider for driver safety but mine come off a push bike runs on 2 tripple A batteries & they last for ages and they will hurt your eyes too & the headlight 1's make good torches as well which are clip on type 

• KennyP, MFDAC, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#4 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 01:37 PM

I have one of these lights but a different brand. Mine has a magnet to attach it & also has a spot & a separate flood. I used it for the first time a few weeks ago under my wife's car putting a brake line on. I attached it to the frame tilted towards the fittings & it looked like a light house under there.

Edited by Sawdust, February 21, 2016 - 01:38 PM.

• MFDAC and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#5 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:16 PM

Been sickly for a couple days so I didn't take any time to reply till now!

I really like those lights when I'm laying under something working. It's eaiser than dragging a trouble light around

Yeah it seems I'm always running over the cords, or trouble lights are just too big to light up where I'm trying to see.

the lights look like serious eye hurters , love the tiny jawed grabbers , they work wonders in tiny places , especially if dropping nuts & such around  engines manifolds & such 

when i mow the roadside i have a red flasher leadlight for the rear of my rider for driver safety but mine come off a push bike runs on 2 tripple A batteries & they last for ages and they will hurt your eyes too & the headlight 1's make good torches as well which are clip on type 

It's nice those grabbers can do both magnetic or non-magnetic! I got one of those triangular magnetic ones that has flashing red LED's and normal ones. I'm supposed to be building an emergency kit with it but it's still stuck to my tool box and has been used under the hood of the trucks instead---

I have one of these lights but a different brand. Mine has a magnet to attach it & also has a spot & a separate flood. I used it for the first time a few weeks ago under my wife's car putting a brake line on. I attached it to the frame tilted towards the fittings & it looked like a light house under there.

I had never seen ones this small so it was an impulse buy! They are actually labled "Power" brand. I don't really like using anything that has to have those disc batteries but to get that small that's all you can do. They've been real handy already.

DAC

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#6 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 253 Thanks
  • 371 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 05:14 PM

I need to get some small lights for my grandpa's shop i swar I have no rome to work under his equiment with those plugin lights

Edited by pick-to-stone, February 26, 2016 - 05:16 PM.

• MFDAC and holdenboy1960 have said thanks