3 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 01:49 PM

Bought a LT1018 with bad motor.  Rolled it up on the trailer and engaged the hydro to hold it till I got it strapped down.  Got it home, released the hydro and rolled it off the trailer.  Then winched it up on the work table.  Moved it a few inches a couple times.  Now with a different motor in I wanted to winch it back off the work table.  Hydro has been in free wheel all the time.  Rolled it back about a foot to tighten the cable and it stopped.  Now it won't move at all, with hydro released or engaged or trying with the hydro under power.  It pulls the engine down when moving the pedal forward or reverse but won't move the tractor.  New belt, installed correctly, hydro fan is spinning.  Any idea as to what the problem could be?

#2 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 913 Thanks
  • 1,204 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 02:57 PM

how about  the brake disk is it disengaged and moves free

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,743 Thanks
  • 7,516 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 05:05 PM

I agree with jms180 hat it could be the brake is stuck on. Check it carefully. It has happened to me a bunch of times with the aluminum transaxles. Good Luck, Rick

• jms180 said thank you

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 09:22 PM

Not sure what it was.  Jacked and block the back end up, turned the tires both directions, then turned the two together and it rolled.  When I was rolling it down the ramps with the winch it stopped a couple times and had to push it a bit to get it free again.  Once it was under power it ran good.  I might have been the brake pucks were stuck to the disc.  If it happens again will look at that first and a lot closer.  Thanks for the info.  We live and learn.

Edited by chieffan, February 20, 2016 - 09:22 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you