• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • Member No: 57907
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 05:20 PM

my little 74 jim dandy came with a snowblower. hook up seems simple. but didnt come with lift rod that goes back to hydraulic lift. fabed  my own rod but dosnt want to get full lifting. think the conection rod on snowblower should have ben longer and would give it more leverage to lift. and drive belt to front pully likes to jump off. mite add a idler to stop this. anybody else  have one of there blowers? thanks bill

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 05:34 PM

I don't know blowers but seems there must be a Mule Drive on it, just like the mowers use that mounts under the front frame?? Would think one of those pulleys on it is movable and has big spring to keep it tight, yet allow movement of blower??  And I would not be surprised if on your size tractor, it doesn't really lift that high when raised. Most lift links either on the lever end or the attachment end have 2 or 3 holes to put the pins in from the lift link. Depending on what hole it is in, makes lift different heights. I would assume the bottom holes in each of those arms then would be the most movement you will get from the system.  As said, never had a blower OR a Jim Dandy so not real familiar with the set-up. Also, the older ones are diff than the newer models, so might need to know about what year you had to find correct info. 

• bill3t said thank you

#3 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 11:04 AM

it has the same drive like the mower deck.. has 2 belts. 1from  electric pto to a horizontal  double pully  in back . 2nd belt from horizontal pully to virticle pully on blower. this  belts dose  a half twist . think   i will add a idler pully at the twist .it shoulk keep it on. goint to try adding weight on 3pt hitch to see if it will make blower lift . i will see if i can get serial# off blower fo rmore research.thanks bill

#4 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • Member No: 72357
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 06:10 PM

The longer the lever, the easier the lift, less movement possible. Mine only lifted 6" of the ground. If that. How's your tire pressures? Maybe add a few psi to the front to compensate for the added weight. Also, I kept throwing the belt on my sickle bar and it was the belt not being tight enough.
  • bill3t said thank you

#5 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 07:38 PM

it gets 3-4 inches off ground. mite try making lever longer at blower end. tried longer lever at other end .made it worse. thinking of hooking up small electric winch borrowed from my  sawmill. idler pully at at front works good at keeping belt on. hope we get more snow so i can test this blower. bill

#6 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • Member No: 72357
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Before u go through all this effort, do u really need it higher realistically?

#7 bill3t OFFLINE  

bill3t
  • 44 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 09:37 PM

think  my hydraulic cylinder has tite spot half way in stroke . may half to  look over it. small electric winch would probably work better. think blower is a little heavy for hydraulic lift. bill