• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Old5088 OFFLINE  

Old5088
  • Member No: 80635
  • 15 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 01:00 PM

When i got the Simplicity 5216H  a couple of week ago i couldn't wait for help to unload if off the truck

no couldn't wait a couples of hours so i attempted it myself

use a 4 foot snow bank and boards on to the tailgate gate to bridge the gap long story short

should of waited the left wheel got hung up on the tailgate

then i pulled away and the wheel dropped on the snow after taking it for a ride and coming down a hill i saw the left wheel wobbling and being impatient i blamed myself

you can see in the photos the gap when rotating the wheel

took the wheel off called my neighbor he came over and told me no you didn't do this

there's high spots around the offset it's suppose to be flat where the paint is splintered there rust

that was nice to hear i didn't wreck it

I got some advice on a my tractor and will find out if it's the axle, bushing or wheel

i'm buying a couple of tires on wheels Saturday

so i think next time i'll wait for help you never know if you'll have some kind of an issues

Attached Thumbnails

• P2174459.JPG
  • P2174460.JPG

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#2 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 02:07 PM

Ouch Bent rim might have tweaked the spindle a bit to.Looks like your tire is a pretty dry rotted to so maybe it's a good thing that your getting another set.

I dropped one of my old Cub Cadets off a ramp couple years ago and snapped the front axle off.It was severely worn from the Deck hanger rubbing on it and it was cracked there by the rust I found where it broke.Picked up a good axle for $20 and Oil pan for $15 because when it came down it hit hard and it cracked the pan to.Only the rear 2 engine bolts were drawn down.Accually it was missing 1 front bolt all together and the other was backed out about 1/2".Another Cub Cadet Aluminum pan with stripped threads.

#3 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 09:27 PM

When i got the Simplicity 5216H  a couple of week ago i couldn't wait for help to unload if off the truck

no couldn't wait a couples of hours so i attempted it myself

use a 4 foot snow bank and boards on to the tailgate gate to bridge the gap long story short

should of waited the left wheel got hung up on the tailgate

then i pulled away and the wheel dropped on the snow after taking it for a ride and coming down a hill i saw the left wheel wobbling and being impatient i blamed myself

you can see in the photos the gap when rotating the wheel

took the wheel off called my neighbor he came over and told me no you didn't do this

there's high spots around the offset it's suppose to be flat where the paint is splintered there rust

that was nice to hear i didn't wreck it

I got some advice on a my tractor and will find out if it's the axle, bushing or wheel

i'm buying a couple of tires on wheels Saturday

so i think next time i'll wait for help you never know if you'll have some kind of an issues

Looks like a bent rim and a tweaked spindle. spindle you can fix, rim you should just get a knew one.

#4 Old5088 OFFLINE  

Old5088
  • 15 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 04:10 PM

The Wobble Wobble is solved it was a bent rim - i put my wheel on the Toro spindle it wobbled the same as on my spindle On craigslist i bought two 15x600x6 Toro wheels with like new Kenda tires so i was home free so i thought until i got home my spindles are to short for Toro rims - i'm still ok with the deal the tires are worth what i paid now just to find a used 6" Simplicity rim locally another learning experience under my belt

#5 Old5088 OFFLINE  

Old5088
  • 15 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 11:19 PM

Looks like a bent rim and a tweaked spindle. spindle you can fix, rim you should just get a knew one.

I bought two Toro rims with nice tires the only thing was the hubs are longer

so i cut the Toro rims down to fit the Simplicity spindle the 1st one works but the 2nd should turn out better

Attached Thumbnails

• P2234474.JPG
  • P2234475.JPG

Edited by Old5088, February 23, 2016 - 11:21 PM.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#6 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 09:10 PM

I bought two Toro rims with nice tires the only thing was the hubs are longer

so i cut the Toro rims down to fit the Simplicity spindle the 1st one works but the 2nd should turn out better

sweet. nice work.