13 replies to this topic

#1 BMW1 OFFLINE  

BMW1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 75344
  • 10 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 12:48 PM

Wheel horse D-200 tractor. Perfect working hydros. 20 hp Kohler K532. Engine has about 330 hours. 100 psi of compression on each cylinder. fresh oil change. full 3 point hitch on the tractor and mid point and pto drive for the rear and front. 56 in push plow for the tractor. weight kit and a mower deck that is 42 inch. The mower deck got rebuild. The weight is homemade and can hold up to 300 pounds.

The add says $1400 but does not really indicate if all of the attachments are included.  Based on the pictures it and the attachments appear to be in good shape given its age.

I'm interested in eventually getting a GT that I can put a loader on.  I saw that loaders could be used on this model. 

If anyone has a better suggestion for a GT with a loader, let me know - doesn't have to be a wheel horse and I don't mind fixing/restoring it.

Thank You.

• retired1990 said thank you

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 01:26 PM

Is that the original engine or does it not say?  If it is, that is a real low use machine and that price wouldn't be out of line I would think.  I find it very strange that they have a 42" deck to go with that tractor.  Maybe some funny stuff going on there.  A small deck like that just seems like it would be a waste of horse power.  Of course, the guy could have a lot of trees to mow around and that's what he wanted.

• BMW1 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#3 Eric ONLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 1,002 Thanks
  • 678 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 01:30 PM

I have a cub 1250 that would be a good candidate, no shifting is the way to go for a loader. If your interested I am in central Wisconsin, I have recently also seen a few loaders in the area that would fit nicely. Just a suggestion, I wouldn't want to much for this particular tractor as I have a few projects that are ahead of it in line. It runs but does need a good home where it can be gone through, mostly cosmetic as it had been next to a neighbors garage for ten years. I rebuilt the carb and cleaned her up a bit, painted the hood and side panels but just can't seem to find enough time to restore this one. Good luck in your hunt and if interested let me know!
  • BMW1 said thank you

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 01:52 PM

:camera: :camera: :camera:

• BMW1 said thank you

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 01:58 PM

For loader use I highly advise having a foot control hydro. One hand on wheel, other for loader valve. Unless you have 3 hands, there's not one left for controlling motion. MUCH easier!
  • BMW1 said thank you

#6 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,807 Thanks
  • 2,208 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 03:12 PM

For loader use I highly advise having a foot control hydro. One hand on wheel, other for loader valve. Unless you have 3 hands, there's not one left for controlling motion. MUCH easier!

:ditto:

• BMW1 said thank you

#7 WrenchinOnIt ONLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,519 Thanks
  • 734 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 03:56 PM

Wheel horse D-200 tractor. Perfect working hydros. 20 hp Kohler K532. Engine has about 330 hours. 100 psi of compression on each cylinder. fresh oil change. full 3 point hitch on the tractor and mid point and pto drive for the rear and front. 56 in push plow for the tractor. weight kit and a mower deck that is 42 inch. The mower deck got rebuild. The weight is homemade and can hold up to 300 pounds.

The add says $1400 but does not really indicate if all of the attachments are included.  Based on the pictures it and the attachments appear to be in good shape given its age.

I'm interested in eventually getting a GT that I can put a loader on.  I saw that loaders could be used on this model. 

If anyone has a better suggestion for a GT with a loader, let me know - doesn't have to be a wheel horse and I don't mind fixing/restoring it.

Thank You.

Compression on those engines were 130PSI new, I have ones with three times that many hours still popping 110-120. I'd be a little concerned with that reading with only that amount of hours, makes me question accuracy of comp test or functioning hour meter . Just an IMO
  • BMW1 said thank you

#8 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 08:34 PM

Had a D once and was big, heavy and couldn't turn worth a darn. See lots of them with a loader, an option they could come with. Three points are nice and heavy. Had a rear pto on mine, but the couplers often go bad and hard to find another or a kit to fix that I found out. Price is OK, not a real steal, as noted depends on what comes with it.  I paid $1000 for mine with a broken tiller, deck, disc and cultivator. I sold all the attachments and had to rebuild the tiller because of broken drive gear. It worked when sold.  I later sold tractor for about $750, think it was, with leaking hydraulics, but all still worked. Seats are kinda tight and not much adjustment in them cause the gas tanks are behind the seat and in way of allowing backward movement.  Was kinda hard to climb on too. Hydro was great and pulled hard, BUT was a hand lever and not as nice as a foot control would have been. Seems my deck was 48", not sure. Not sure a 60 was available or not, but I wouldn't want that big for my yard.  If you had a loader, you would be backing and forwarding a lot to just turn around, biggest item I never liked on mine.

• Rock farmer and BMW1 have said thanks

#9 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 08:58 PM

Is that the original engine or does it not say?  If it is, that is a real low use machine and that price wouldn't be out of line I would think.  I find it very strange that they have a 42" deck to go with that tractor.  Maybe some funny stuff going on there.  A small deck like that just seems like it would be a waste of horse power.  Of course, the guy could have a lot of trees to mow around and that's what he wanted.

Agreeed. my 10 hp landlord hs a 42 inch. i would think with that ammount you could run a 54inch

• BMW1 said thank you

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 09:43 PM

It's the first WH D200 in the MN metro that has been below $1,500 in a long time. Lot better deal than the D200 in Milaca for $1,700 with only a blower included.

If a loader is what you're after, I agree with other opinions posted here. A foot-controlled hydro is the way to go. A Ford LGT 145 or 165 with a loader sold last summer for around $750 in Maple Grove. I think it sold in two hours though.

I thought there was a Massey 1855 w/ loader for sale in St. Cloud for around $2,200 that needed work, but only found the 1655 listed for $3,500.

00G0G_2BbRVhlr2SJ_600x450.jpg

• BMW1 said thank you

#11 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,397 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 10:48 AM

I had an 1855 MF with Johnson Workhorse loader, loved it, but it was no bargain to steer. I built some serious muscle hossing that rig.

• BMW1 said thank you

#12 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 08:30 AM

The price is reasonable on the D200. As mentioned above the Hand control will be a PITA when trying to use. It was hard enough to use it mowing my yard, I would hate to try and use it with a FEL. The steering is HARD in those, that K532 is cast iron and very heavy. The seat is a smooth ride but it only fits someone 180lbs or less and 5'8". It is cramped. The Hydro is another weak point!!! Most all older Ds that have had any heavy work (FEL, Heavy snow duty, Plowing) or the turning brakes used alot will have hydro problems. The gears in the transaxle like to chip and break. Once that happens the Hydro needs major overhaul. Parts are still available but if you want it to be perfect its going to cost alot!!!!!!!   I "refreshed" the hydro on a basket case D200 I bought. I had to rebuild the transaxle gear set and resurface the valve plates in the hydro. In the end it worked and I used it to mow my yard for 2 years, but the PITA Hand control, hard to steer, No turning radius problems made me sell it.

Now if you are able to find one at a decent price the Massey 16XX or 18XX make a great tractor.

• BMW1 said thank you

#13 workhorse OFFLINE  

workhorse
  • Member No: 81228
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 10:11 AM

• Hello everyone...I'm new here.
  • Anyone know where I could find one of those foot-controlled hydro kits for my 18 Automatic?
  • Great forum!

#14 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 11:42 AM

I've got a D200 setting in the hangar that I would sell for $500. They are BIG and I have no interest in doing anything with it. I believe this one has the Onan engine in it. 

That being said Daniel is right, your going to want a foot controlled throttle with the loader or at least convert it to a foot throttle. 

• BMW1 said thank you