• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpg OFFLINE  

cpg
  • Member No: 57994
  • 244 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 11:15 AM

I have been slowly accumulating the few missing parts for my 1969 110 Red Patio as I find them. I picked up a patio white pto cover I was missing and now need a red seat (hard as heck to find) and some of the John Deere chrome hubcaps. 12" ones for the rear seem to be out there but having a hard time finding any 8". Hopefully someone has these things. Mine is the first year white engine and even has a hydraulic lift so I really want to do a nice original restoration.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 08:37 PM

Might have to die a regular seat to get color. Orig color seats go for $1000 or even more, specially if found NOS. Real Crazy.  Think most guy's now just coloring something else, not sure if need a yellow to start or can do black?? 

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,727 Thanks
  • 8,908 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 09:58 PM

Might have to die a regular seat to get color. Orig color seats go for $1000 or even more, specially if found NOS. Real Crazy.  Think most guy's now just coloring something else, not sure if need a yellow to start or can do black?? 

It isn't just the color of the vinyl. The patio series seats also had a special finish on the backside of the seat.

#4 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 10:36 PM

Also vinyl has a different texture too I've heard

#5 cpg OFFLINE  

cpg
  • Member No: 57994
  • 244 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 08:12 AM

For show purposes since it will be sat on my plan was to dye a cover for the seat so it looks authentic but not ruining an original seat hauling and riding it at shows as I hear most that are left are very brittle. Would just be fun to have one day to make it absolutely authentic. I did manage to find a patio white pto cover and rear hubcaps just need the 8" fronts and if anyone happens to stumble over a red seat (probably as likely to win the lottery but a man's gotta dream!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted