Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

garden plow for bolens huski or power ho recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lamina1982 OFFLINE  

lamina1982
  • Member No: 71166
  • 30 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 04:17 AM

I have a power ho thats closer to running than the gardner...i need a dirt plow though. What can you guys recomend?? It seeems bolens actual attachments hard to find. Not sure of the attachment points on the power ho as to what kind of set up i cld make work. Thanks

#2 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,869 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 09:00 AM

I have a dirt plow and a cultivator that I think will fit the power hoe that are Bolen's original that I would like to sell. I also have a snow blade but I don't know if it will fit a garden hoe without being adapted. They are for my RIDE A MATIC but I'm told the cultivator is for a power hoe therefore the dirt plow will fit alsoIMG_1107.JPG IMG_1110.JPG      PM me if interested. HankIMG_1108.JPG IMG_1112.JPG

#3 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,167 Thanks
  • 2,142 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 09:18 AM

Hank:

Your cultivator and moldboard plow will fit a Versa-Matic (2-wheel) or early Ride-A-Matic, but will not fit on a Power-Ho.

The drawbar where it attaches to the tractor is different for the Power-Ho.

The cultivator or plow could be used on a Power-Ho if the drawbars were replaced by the correct Power-Ho style.  ....Early Power-Ho tractors used a different style hitch than later Power-Ho tractors.

• LPBolens and HANKG have said thanks

#4 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 11:13 PM

The correct drawbar for the earlier Power Ho's had a roller integrated into the drawbar. If you check in the Manuals section under Bolens Walkbehinds, you can see the Moldboard Plow A300B that will work on the Power Ho, and what that drawbar looks like.

Edited by LPBolens, February 17, 2016 - 11:16 PM.

• HANKG said thank you

#5 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 11:16 PM

I have a dirt plow and a cultivator that I think will fit the power hoe that are Bolen's original that I would like to sell. I also have a snow blade but I don't know if it will fit a garden hoe without being adapted. They are for my RIDE A MATIC but I'm told the cultivator is for a power hoe therefore the dirt plow will fit alsoattachicon.gifIMG_1107.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1110.JPG     PM me if interested. Hankattachicon.gifIMG_1108.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1112.JPG

Hank I'll take the one bottom plow if your still interested in selling it and shipping it. 

• HANKG said thank you