I will keep that in mind but yes I want to make it remove able

#17 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 12:06 AM

Sounds like a little to much for a HT20.

He says it's no heavier then a ld6 an it's about the same reach so we wil see if it's too big I kno sum1 else will buy it

#18 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 11:31 AM

I got my BH mounted over the weekend.  It was tough where I had to do it, since it was too large for me to transport uphill to level ground, while unattached.  Now that it's on, I plan to dismount it on concrete, and that process looks pretty darn easy.  Basically it is 2 pins at the front of the subframe, and 1 pin to my 3pt frame where my top link would normally mount.  The bottom/rear of the subframe simply slides onto the lower 3pt arm pins.  The only thing needed for the 3pt conversion is to remove the arms and top link.  Works great, and none of the weight resides on my 3pt lifting mechanism.  I can manipulate the tractor with the BH very easily, but it does not feel like it's too much for the tractor.  I have a lot to learn as far as operation goes, but it's a hell of an earth mover!

20160220_124131.jpg
20160220_163023.jpg

I should add that my struggles to mount it will also be alleviated by  having the BH pre-positioned after dismounting using the stabilizers.  Starting from ground zero with only the pump hooked up was an hour long challenge.  I use my 3pt a LOT, so I plan to practice the install and removal quite a bit.

Edited by Talntedmrgreen, February 22, 2016 - 11:34 AM.

• LPBolens said thank you

#19 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 10:39 AM

I think I did ok it's not the best deal in the world but with my traveling schedule an what money I could get together that was my option an I think I did alright. Time will tell when it's hanging on the back of my ht23. Was going to do a loader an backhoe on the hdt1000 but then I limit what I get to do with it I rather have the hdt1000 for plowing an discing the garden an I'm goin to get a 2 stage snow blower an my friend that has on here in nj that sold on eBay back in November 2013 he said the torque of the diesel compared to the ht23 he said no comparison an I'm not talking 6 inches of snow we had 4ft drifts an he said that hdt1000 ate it right up so I decided to keep my ht23 an keep the loader on it an mount the hoe and restore it
  • LPBolens said thank you